*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Custom Limited Alloys

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Custom Limited Alloys

Postby WarrenB » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Afternoon gents and gentesses, picked up some Custom Limited alloys for my Mk7, and was pointed in the direction of these as the nuts on the Mk7 won't fit with the Custom wheels...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-20-x- ... 2749.l2649

Only thing is, they seem a bit small compared to the normal Custom nuts (see attachment) - the wheels I got only came with 15 nuts so can't reuse them - just a bit concerned that they aren't right. But a few people have said they've used the same ones with no issue.

It has just occurred to me that if I could use the existing Custom nuts I could just order 5 more from Ford and keep them original.... :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WarrenB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Custom Limited Alloys

Postby squirrel93 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:25 pm

WarrenB wrote:Afternoon gents and gentesses, picked up some Custom Limited alloys for my Mk7, and was pointed in the direction of these as the nuts on the Mk7 won't fit with the Custom wheels...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-20-x- ... 2749.l2649

Only thing is, they seem a bit small compared to the normal Custom nuts (see attachment) - the wheels I got only came with 15 nuts so can't reuse them - just a bit concerned that they aren't right. But a few people have said they've used the same ones with no issue.

It has just occurred to me that if I could use the existing Custom nuts I could just order 5 more from Ford and keep them original.... :roll:

Custom nuts have a different thread pitch , I had custom wheels on my mk6 tho have just sold them on , I got the nuts from eBay with lockers for £26 delivered , Mk6/7 are M14x2.0 & customs are M14x1.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squirrel93
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby WarrenB » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:50 pm

Ahh gotcha, I thought that it was just the fact the Custom wheels needed tapered nuts that was the only difference.

Was just concerned at the size difference at first, but I’ll give them a whirl.

Cheers

WarrenB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby squirrel93 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:03 pm

WarrenB wrote:Ahh gotcha, I thought that it was just the fact the Custom wheels needed tapered nuts that was the only difference.

Was just concerned at the size difference at first, but I’ll give them a whirl.

Cheers

Custom wheels should be tapered , tho you need to double check , depends if the seats are flat or tapered

squirrel93
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits