*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fault code P2226 - Barometric Pressure Circuit

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Fault code P2226 - Barometric Pressure Circuit

Postby mike10 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:07 pm

This is on a 2010 2.2 115PS Euro IV engine.

I have serviced the van recently (oil and all filters replaced) and replaced my SCV and PRV (both from PF Jones, so not cheapo Chinese copies off e-bay).
Pump learn went straight through, Pilot learn took three attempts but now has completed successfully as well.
The only DTC during this was for the glow plug circuit (the fuse has blown so that will be why).

IDS informs me that the PCM software is out of date and suggests I update it. When I went to do this though it will not start the process as it says the "battery is low".
I charged the front battery overnight (both were replaced last month with 110 Yuasa batteries, pretty sure they are OK) and connected the charger whilst attempting the update but have the same issue.

Did a self test and now have the glow plug DTC and a new one "P2226 - Barometric Pressure Circuit" it says there is 0 volts.
Ran the Datalogger on IDS and confirmed that battery voltage is 12.9 volts, but BARO sensor is indeed 0 volts.
When engine is running battery voltage is around 13.5 volts, BARO sensor stays at 0 volts.
The "BARO pressure" logging gives a reading (about 5 kpa from memory), so seems to be doing something.

I haven't bothered replacing the glow plug fuse yet as I suspect it will blow striaght away due to a dodgy glow plug and will wait until I've replaced the glow plugs with the new ones I've got on order.

SO, finally getting to a question, where is this Barometric Pressure Sensor so I can check it and the cables to it?

Van seems to be running fine, but knowing that the DTC is there and the PCM software is out of date will no doubt bug me until I fix it.
mike10
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Fault code P2226 - Barometric Pressure Circuit

Postby knobby1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:19 pm

If you're getting the "low battery" or "Zero Voltage" issue....I'd be suspecting the clone VCM-II rather than something amiss on your van, some of them just don't have the internal gubbins to handle "all" the module programming functions. I had one which did the same thing, my other "good" one is fine and works correctly for all functions. They often work for code reads and erasing, learns etc...but their module programming functions never work and throw up the "Low Battery" fault even though we know our batteries are fine.

Is yours the "SP177-C1" unit..?? If not you may struggle... and even then some of them are a bit dodgy.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mike10 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:33 pm

knobby1 wrote:Is yours the "SP177-C1" unit..??

It is that one, yes.
mike10
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm

mike10 wrote:
knobby1 wrote:Is yours the "SP177-C1" unit..??

It is that one, yes.

I assume you've done the "extended program" update etc..??

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mike10 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:04 pm

yes, ran it on Windows 7 in XP3 compatibility mode and as administrator.
I used the software in Loot's download links.
mike10
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 pm

mike10 wrote:yes, ran it on Windows 7 in XP3 compatibility mode and as administrator.
I used the software in Loot's download links.

Fair enough....you may well have a duff unit then. :(

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mick. D » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi, I have the same problem with my van at the moment with the P2226 biometric circuit fault up. Did you manage to get the problem sorted and if so what did you do?
Mick. D

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits