*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Cruise control 2008 Mk7 Transit LX 140

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Cruise control 2008 Mk7 Transit LX 140

Postby tb2000 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi all,

As I understand it, to get cruise on my Transit all I need is a cruise steering wheel and to get it activated. My Transit is an LX model with all the extras like electric windows, heated windscreen, high level instrument cluster etc. and i've checked that it's got the right BCM. I managed to get hold of a proper Transit cruise steering wheel a while ago and have fitted that, checking for the wires which are indeed there. Only thing i'm slightly paranoid about is that if I remove the BCM and send it to be activated (to Martin at Vantuner? - anyone know what the cost is?) that knowing my luck it'll get lost in the post! I do have Forscan and an Elm interface which does do stuff like resetting the PRV etc. (as I know some won't do that sort of thing). Just wondered if anyone knows if anyone has done it on Forscan or if Martin is my only option? (Or for me to get a proper Ford diagnostic interface, which is a bit of an outlay just to do this!)

Many thanks :D
tb2000
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Cruise control 2008 Mk7 Transit LX 140

Postby andz327 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:23 pm

tb2000 wrote:Hi all,

As I understand it, to get cruise on my Transit all I need is a cruise steering wheel and to get it activated. My Transit is an LX model with all the extras like electric windows, heated windscreen, high level instrument cluster etc. and i've checked that it's got the right BCM. I managed to get hold of a proper Transit cruise steering wheel a while ago and have fitted that, checking for the wires which are indeed there. Only thing i'm slightly paranoid about is that if I remove the BCM and send it to be activated (to Martin at Vantuner? - anyone know what the cost is?) that knowing my luck it'll get lost in the post! I do have Forscan and an Elm interface which does do stuff like resetting the PRV etc. (as I know some won't do that sort of thing). Just wondered if anyone knows if anyone has done it on Forscan or if Martin is my only option? (Or for me to get a proper Ford diagnostic interface, which is a bit of an outlay just to do this!)

Many thanks :D
Yeah LX will be steering wheel then activated, there's a few on here that can sort it as well as Martynx think he charges £75
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Cruise control 2008 Mk7 Transit LX 140

Postby tb2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:31 pm

Thanks for that. Before I go removing the BCM to send it to be activated, is there anyone in the West Country area could do it? :)
tb2000
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits