*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2010 Transit Tourneo Minibus locked out

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

2010 Transit Tourneo Minibus locked out

Postby JonseyL » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi all hope you can help please I have a 2010 Tourneo Minibus that will not unlock this morning, It was fine last night, went to unlock on fob and lights flashes but nothing happened. Used key in drivers door and it turned but no click nothing happened. Bonnet opens so put charger on to check battery was good, All ok. I suspect frozen lock or door lock mechanism ( obviously I would prefer it to be a frozen lock). I suspect that if I can get into the bus I will be able to drive it to the nearest garage to get it fixed. I don't think I dead locked it last night, is there anyway of getting in with out damaging things please, I saw a post with similar problem and Dodgy01 replied to but I cannot private message as I am a newbie today. Most grateful for any assistance possible as really need this vehicle today to collect kids even if I cant relock it for a few days while I get the new parts.
many thanks in advance
JonseyL

Re: 2010 Transit Tourneo Minibus locked out

Postby Elohesra » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:28 pm

I got locked out my van once - it was the faulty locking unit in the passenger door, which blew the fuse behind the glovebox when locking (but not unlocking) so I couldn't get in to change the fuse.
Got a vehicle locksmith in the end who broke in by jacking the top of the door open enough to get a wire hook to the window winder. No good if you have electric windows though.
I was shocked at how simple, easy and quick it was to get in to a locked van.
Elohesra
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ake » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:17 pm

key will open drivers door even if battery is dead
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby JonseyL » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:41 am

vehicle has been recovered to nearest ford dealer, they are still looking at it, couldn't get it open so had to disconnect handbrake from rear calipers and gear linkage and winch it onto a truck. Apparently Ford have got it open but it locked itself again. Just a waiting game now and lots of money.
JonseyL

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits