Transitmania 10 @Santa Pod 18th to 20th May 2018


Power loss mk 7 2.4

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Power loss mk 7 2.4

Postby Bakerboys » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi there lads just had head gasket fitted and head skimmed plus new gear box and selector had it back and done 20 miles and it’s lost power it’s like the turbo is not kicking in took it to garage and that can’t get a reading for the plug have spent a lot ov money on it and no one wants to help any ldeas would be much appreciate thanks
Bakerboys
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Power loss mk 7 2.4

Postby squirrel93 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:35 pm

Bakerboys wrote:Hi there lads just had head gasket fitted and head skimmed plus new gear box and selector had it back and done 20 miles and it’s lost power it’s like the turbo is not kicking in took it to garage and that can’t get a reading for the plug have spent a lot ov money on it and no one wants to help any ldeas would be much appreciate thanks


Why was the head skimmed ? What happened previously to this work needing done ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
squirrel93
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:18 pm
Location: Livingston

Re: Power loss mk 7 2.4

Postby Bakerboys » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

The van froze in the bad weather did not start it
Bakerboys
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Power loss mk 7 2.4

Postby knobby1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:14 pm

Bakerboys wrote:The van froze in the bad weather did not start it


A bit more info might help, what engine ps..?? Why exactly was the cyl head removed..?? Freezing in bad weather is not usually a reason to rebuild the head . :? Unless the core plugs have popped..! Skimming the head would increase the compression ratio, do you know which head gasket was removed?? ...and which one was used to rebuild..??...There's 3 different thicknesses.

Have you had the codes read..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6201
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Power loss mk 7 2.4

Postby Bakerboys » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi my van is a transit 100 T350L RWD euro4 2.4 5speed gearbox it froze in the bad weather sent it in and had head rebuilt and picked it up and it was perfect apart from the gearbox was took it to gearbox specialist and had recon gearbox picked it up and it all seems and then the traction control light comes on and the van loses all power so took it to a garage and put it on computer and said leave it with me and it’s been 5 day and still don’t no what it is he’s changed the map sensor and checked the wires cleaned some pipes out and still no good any ideas would be much appreciated
Bakerboys
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Power loss mk 7 2.4

Postby knobby1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:40 pm

Bakerboys wrote:Hi my van is a transit 100 T350L RWD euro4 2.4 5speed gearbox it froze in the bad weather sent it in and had head rebuilt and picked it up and it was perfect apart from the gearbox was took it to gearbox specialist and had recon gearbox picked it up and it all seems and then the traction control light comes on and the van loses all power so took it to a garage and put it on computer and said leave it with me and it’s been 5 day and still don’t no what it is he’s changed the map sensor and checked the wires cleaned some pipes out and still no good any ideas would be much appreciated


Ah...traction control issue, that points to something other than engine or gearbox. Does your van have different size tryes front to rear?? Have they checked the ABS looms & sensors?

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6201
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Power loss mk 7 2.4

Postby Bakerboys » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi tyres am all brand new all the same size the garage as said thay have checked the abs sensors and loom and still the same thank
Bakerboys
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Power loss mk 7 2.4

Postby Bakerboys » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:21 pm

Bakerboys wrote:Hi tyres am all brand new all the same size the garage as said thay have checked the abs sensors and loom and still the same thank
Bakerboys
Newbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Power loss mk 7 2.4

Postby knobby1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:26 pm

The only thing that can cause the ABS system to fail is possibly the ABS module itself, it's wiring or wheel sensors & looms.. :( Have they had a look at the reluctor rings on each wheel..?? Sometimes they can break or corrode badly.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6201
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Sydney, Australia


Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users