*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Water pump mayhem

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Water pump mayhem

Postby Wildwalker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 am

This is my first post on this site as a new member and as a landscape gardener I have had many vans along the way.
I have always come back to the Transit as I beleive they have always been the superior breed for the grafter.
The ability to maintain the vehicle at all levels was always one of its most attractive attributes. However I have spent over a day just struggling to remove a water pump from a MK 6 2ltr 05. I followed a thread that mentioned nothing about seized and rounded bolts as they had all the luck I didn't!!.
Anyway despite seized and rounded bolts on the air intake manifold the EGR pipe ( all metal) I managed to perform a miracle and remove three of the four bolts connecting water pump. However top left bolt has left me in the asylum as it is rounded off and inaccessible with all the unremoved parts in the way.
I am off to get a manual to look at radiator removal so I at least have working space.
Is this an option or am I just creating more issues for myself.
Feeling a bit p****d off right now
Thanks
Wildwalker

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits