*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Compatible BCM for Mk7 12 seater

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Compatible BCM for Mk7 12 seater

Postby knobby1 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:40 am

Ewan from Oz wrote:Does anyone have any useful advice about how to fix the rear door switch? Can it be serviced/adjusted or should I just replace it? We live in a dusty environment so I wonder if dust in the switch could be the problem. Could it be the wiring in the hinge area and not the switch?

As you mention...it's often the wiring in the flex between the door and body.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:43 am

Replace the rear door latch.

Or

Ground bcm connector 3 pin 13 wire. That will get rid of the door open for the rear doors forever :-) it will affect the load lighting though when you open the rear doors so you'll need to put a light switch or whatever.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Re: Can you set up a central locking button on dash for MK7?

Postby Airthies » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:49 am

Have you checked fuse F78?

Sent from my anu5 using crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:02 am

That would stop all the locking working Iain :wink: think he just has annoying door open lamp on :-)
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Airthies » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:01 am

Yea oops got side tract earlier and came back and posted that in the wrong thread

Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:25 am

:lol:
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Ewan from Oz » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:16 am

About six months after replacing the BCM and everything going fine it appears the BCM has failed again! Very similar issue to the first time - hazards and parking lights/headlights staying on; will start but accelerator pedal inoperative. Multiple DTC's. I am looking for another secondhand BCM and might have to replace the accelerator pedal again also. Will have to check all the grounding/earthing points this time unless anyone has any other suggestions as to what could be causing the BCM failure?
Ewan from Oz
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Erberspacher/webasto/planar heaters.

Postby Airthies » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:30 am

Replace earth cable on engine to chassis, and chassis to batteries.
If you want to make sure of everything add a direct earth strap from engine to batteries, just follow the positive cables out from cab.
Check and renew all other earth points in engine bay inner wheel arch panels and behind dash at door pillars.
If you want to be extra sure then run extra eatth cables from earth points back to batts but make sure they're still bolted to panel as well

Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Ewan from Oz » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:34 am

Okay I'll check all those earth points. I've since purchased a secondhand BCM and programmed it. Everything seems to be working again except that I have a re-occurrence of the accelerator pedal fault. This is exactly what happened the last time the BCM failed. The BCM DTC is "B1029 - Accelerator Pedal Sensor (circuit voltage below threshold)" and the PCM DTC is "P2120 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D Circuit (signal below allowable range). I presume both DTC's refer to the same fault. Last time I replaced the throttle pedal unit which fixed the DTC's. Both this time and last time the throttle pedal seems to be functioning normally despite the DTC's so I'm wondering why waste another $100 for a secondhand replacement? But my real question is, why is the throttle pedal unit failing at the same time as the BCM?
Ewan from Oz
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bigjapko » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:47 am

Hi,
I am trying to replace BCM. Why do you think the keys to do PATS should be different than old ones? The old won't work ?
bigjapko

Postby loot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:12 pm

You can program keys to the bcm on any mk7 transit but to use it you need to initialize the bcm which basically links it to the pcm. The euro 5 pcm is security locked and it needs to go online to allow coded access. This is not possible with ids clone or incodes. :(

You need to go to Ford or a garage with genuine ids.

Ford don't tend to install second hand bcm or do configuration or asbuilt etc they generally only want to install a blank new module and that can be mega expensive. You can however program the bcm to how you want them drive to Ford then swap the bcm then get the tech to come and initialize it. But check with them first and try to have the menu settings written down so they know what to do :shock:
07 350 170ps
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Rollingbob » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:51 pm

Ewan from Oz wrote:I installed the AsBuilt file using Forscan which was necessary as the BCM still contained the settings from the original van from which it was sourced (during the reprogramming process I was able to read the VIN from that van and all it's various configurations). This was after I performed module initialisation so whatever initialisation does it doesn't include pulling a copy of this data from the back-up file in the instrument panel module.

Anyway, having successfully reprogrammed the BCM with the AsBuilt file nothing much changed that I could see. I'm still getting the low brake fluid DTC but as it's not illuminating the brake warning light as I expected it would, then I can just ignore it for now. Maybe the replacement BCM has some minor hardware issue that returns that DTC but whatever, I don't think it's worth worrying about.

Time will tell but it appears everything is fixed now. I checked the main earth connections but didn't replace any. Didn't find any faulty wiring at all. It appears it was just a random BCM failure which at first produced a host of unusual intermittent faults but settled down to just one permanent fault being the parking lights staying on all the time which would eventually run the battery down.

Through the advice of other members of this forum and using some trial and error of my own, the following is a summary of the BCM replacement process using Forscan:

Any BCM from a Mk7 can be substituted as long as it is of equal or higher specification to the one being replaced.

First install the BCM then follow this three step programming order:

1) Using Forscan with the extended license, program a minimum of two different keys (i.e. not an original key and a clone but two different keys). They don't have to be genuine keys as I used one genuine and one aftermarket spare obtained from local locksmith. If it's a secondhand BCM you're using, first delete the stored keys and then program your keys. This procedure known as "PATS" is found under the "Service Functions" tab on Forscan.

2) Once your keys have been programmed you can perform "module initialisation" also found within the "Service Functions" tab. Don't try and do module initialisation before programming your keys as the initialisation will fail. No harm is done if you do it in the wrong order it just won't perform initialisation until you have a key in the ignition that is recognised.

3) Lastly you need to program the replacement BCM with either the AsBuilt file (that you obtained from the Ford website using your VIN) or with the backup copy that is contained within the instrument panel module of your van. The procedure is found under the "Configuration and Programming" tab on Forscan. This step is necessary because if you don't perform it and you are using a secondhand BCM, the BCM will still contain the configuration information of the van from which it was sourced and some functions are likely to be different. For example, my van has a passenger side air bag but the van that was the donor for the replacement BCM didn't have one.

I had no trouble using Forscan to perform these procedures and they only take a matter of minutes for each step. Probably about five minutes for each step. It took me longer to familiarise myself with the Forscan software than it did to actually perform the programming. I'd never used Forscan prior to this experience.

GREAT JOB
Rollingbob
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Rollingbob » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:57 pm

So you can use the 2 blue keys that you already have (not original), just deprograme them and then reprogramme them with the new (2nd hand) BCM?

Also is it true the Ford dealer won't programme a 2nd hand BCM for you? (Only a new one)
Rollingbob
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby henk_t4 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:16 pm

yes, I had my old keys reprogrammed,
the ford dealer I don't know, I did not try
henk_t4
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Rollingbob » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:23 pm

henk_t4 wrote:yes, I had my old keys reprogrammed,
the ford dealer I don't know, I did not try

Thanks, they said only new BCM on phone to me...

For the AS BUILT DATA i'm only getting this from the Download:

<AS_BUILT_DATA><VEHICLE><VIN>WFOXXXBDFX6M38902</VIN><ERROR><ERRORCODE> 612</ERRORCODE><ERRORMSG> PCM DATA NOT FOUND</ERRORMSG></ERROR><ERROR><ERRORCODE> 613</ERRORCODE><ERRORMSG> BCE DATA NOT FOUND</ERRORMSG></ERROR><ERROR><ERRORCODE> 614</ERRORCODE><ERRORMSG> CCC DATA NOT FOUND</ERRORMSG></ERROR><ERROR><ERRORCODE> 615</ERRORCODE><ERRORMSG> SPDJB DATA NOT FOUND</ERRORMSG></ERROR><MISC_DATA><TEARTAG></TEARTAG></MISC_DATA></VEHICLE></AS_BUILT_DATA>
Rollingbob
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits