*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Loss of power poor starting. Now won't start

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Loss of power poor starting. Now won't start

Postby Jimb76 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Right I had loss of power and throttle like the turbo wasn't kicking in. Also really poor cold start and white smoke until up to speed. Looked at turbo pipe that goes from activating rod to turbo had corroded of of turbo. Put second hand turbo in. Known to be working. Cleaned all the air intake system while I was at it and changed fuel filter and air filter. Turn her over. And nothing check fuel is getting to injectors and it is.
So currently it turns over and white smoke comes out the exhaust but won't start the odd time it has fired up it is heavly struggling and stops the min you let go of the key any help very much appreciated thanks
Jimb76

Re: Loss of power poor starting. Now won't start

Postby Spacecat23 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Tdci or tddi? My first thoughts were timing for the poor starting and smoke. Have you checked the timing? The no start now may be because air has got into the high pressure side from Changing the filter. Even though there's fuel coming out the injector unions there can still be small air bubbles in the system
Spacecat23
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Loss of power poor starting. Now won't start

Postby knobby1 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:02 am

Jimb76 wrote:Right I had loss of power and throttle like the turbo wasn't kicking in. Also really poor cold start and white smoke until up to speed. Looked at turbo pipe that goes from activating rod to turbo had corroded of of turbo. Put second hand turbo in. Known to be working. Cleaned all the air intake system while I was at it and changed fuel filter and air filter. Turn her over. And nothing check fuel is getting to injectors and it is.
So currently it turns over and white smoke comes out the exhaust but won't start the odd time it has fired up it is heavly struggling and stops the min you let go of the key any help very much appreciated thanks

As mentioned...What model van, Mk6 or Mk7, what engine, petrol, diesel... PS..??

Did you fill the new fuel filter to the brim with fresh fuel before fitting it..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits