*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Injector code calibration problems

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Injector code calibration problems

Postby Rodders 1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi Guys,
I have a Mk 7 Transit 2.4 RWD 08. I have recently fitted a set of second hand injectors to see if I could get the van running. It starts and runs sounds like one of the injectors is U/S as sounds like a tractor at times. My problem came when I was putting the new codes in to Forscan all injectors except No 2 were excepted.
On the number 2 injector it came up with an error code saying something like, it was out of calibration limits and to re check the code. I have checked the code on the top of the Denso injector many times so I know I have entered it correctly. Any thoughts?
Rodders 1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Injector code calibration problems

Postby grogan197 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:17 pm

If they are second hand then they will be out of the spec of the original c2i code anyway as the injectors wear over time. The ECU learns the characteristics of the injectors when they are in use so with luck the ECU will self adjust. You can also do a pilot injector learn in ForScan and that help smooth the running as long as it can carry out the procedure. Any problems with the pump or injectors and it wont succeed.
2006 MK6 2.0 125 TDCI - Luton Camper Conversion
2007 MK7 2.2 110 TDCI SWB

Ford Diagnostics
Where to buy an ELM327 and how to use with ForScan
grogan197
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Injector code calibration problems

Postby knobby1 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:26 pm

What Grogan said.....second hand injectors can be false economy....best to get properly reconditioned items which should come with new calibration codes or just get new injectors.

PF Jones can supply the right gear.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits