*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK6 fun noises when turning steering right

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

MK6 fun noises when turning steering right

Postby khaito » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi all, I've searched this forum but had no luck finding something similar so asking!

Just bought a 2003 MK6 last week, it's in seemingly reasonable condition but I've got it booked in for a pre-MOT check next week to find out the fun stuff (ha).

My question is troubleshooting a noise that only sounds when the steering wheel is turned even the smallest fraction to the right when driving at about 35mph or higher. It disappears the moment I turn the steering wheel back to the left and it only happens when turning right from "neutral" point. Anyone any ideas? The ATF was low so I topped that up to just under the max line, was hoping that might have resolved it but nae joy! Thinking it's potentially a steering rack or CV joint issue?

2003 Ford Transit 350 Duratorq DI 2.4 (90PS), Diamond White 73, MWB mid-roof.

Any help appreciated!
2003 Ford Transit 350 Duratorq DI 2.4 (90PS), Diamond White 73, MWB mid-roof
khaito
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: MK6 fun noises when turning steering right

Postby khaito » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:55 pm

In case it's of use to someone else, I've discovered this is definitely the wheel bearing when I changed the brake discs on the front last Friday (utilising a lot of violence to get the smegging O/S assembly off).
2003 Ford Transit 350 Duratorq DI 2.4 (90PS), Diamond White 73, MWB mid-roof
khaito
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits