*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

central locking

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

central locking

Postby vince pinneri » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:20 am

HI just bought 2008 transit van 2.4l diesel problem im having is door light on dash stays on for around 30minutes then goes off when i try to lock it with remote
it will lock then unlock and short peep from horn and it happens with dash door light on or off . and then their are times when everything works but it doesnt last long and goes back to the same problem ive tried spraying alot of wd40 into locks and close and open doors several times nothing as changed
can you please help with this issue
Vince
vince pinneri

Re: central locking

Postby msg » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:16 pm

I had a funny issue with the doors locking and unlocking. Nothing to do with your issue I'm sure.

My trannie is a motorhome. One night I was parked up with several other MH and every now and again the horn would go off and the doors would unlock. Then they would lock again all by themselves. Dark rainy night, strangers parked up all around me. This went on for a couple of hours. Couldn't work out what was happening. Even entertained the idea that someone close was remotely fooling with my doors.

Now, I take a dog with me and she was up on the bed running backwards and forwards a bit agitated with what was going on. She only weighs 2kg.

Anyway, finally noticed every time she went down to the bottom of the bed the door locked/unlocked. Whats going on ? Hows she doing that ?

Then, I, remembered. The spare key was in a folder under the bed. Dogs weight was enough to activate the button.
msg

Postby Altransit » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:46 pm

vince pinneri wrote:HI just bought 2008 transit van 2.4l diesel problem im having is door light on dash stays on for around 30minutes then goes off when i try to lock it with remote
it will lock then unlock and short peep from horn and it happens with dash door light on or off . and then their are times when everything works but it doesnt last long and goes back to the same problem ive tried spraying alot of wd40 into locks and close and open doors several times nothing as changed
can you please help with this issue
Vince

Does your light tell you which door it thinks is open :?:

Possibly worn/broken wiring in the rear door loom, as that's a common failing point :wink:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby vince pinneri » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:10 pm

it shows both front doors are open on the dash
doesnt show the rear door open on the dash screen when i open it or side door either
have any idea what can be causing this . this is driving me mad i tried to remove the driver side door lock i could not get the barrel out l tried turning the key clock wise and push the in screwdriver in the whole cant feel anything pushing in tried anti clock wise same thing been on it for for awhile just cant get it to release looked on utube on how its done wont work for me what is happening . i just want to take out and give it a good clean and see if everything is ok
need help
vince pinneri

Postby Altransit » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:15 pm

I would still check the loom going to the rear door, at the point where it flexes when the door is opened :idea:

As with most electrical problems, the fault can sometimes be nowhere near where you think it should be :)
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby vince pinneri » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Ok will check today
Thakyou
vince pinneri

Postby vince pinneri » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:15 pm

all looks ok had an auto electrian look at the locks and and wires and said everything is working but it still locks and then unlocks and door light on dash still stays on then goes off about 30min later
he has asked me for wiring diagram for central locking and body control module so as to try and trace the fault i cant find anything on internet only workshop manual but that doesnt show wiring diagram i have spoken to ford but they wont give out this infomation can you help me i will need this fixed by next week before i start work its for a 2008 ford transit van 2.4L Diesel
PLEASE HELP
vince pinneri

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits