*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 08 reg 350 rwd pickup

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 08 reg 350 rwd pickup

Postby bgboss2609 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:27 am

Hi strange one for you
I have 08 pickup had a gearbox and clutch change about 3 months ago and nothing but problems since . Had a conversion clutch in it before but gone back to a dual master as recommended. Got truck back but it didn’t start as good as it did sometimes it would start at all. They changed the crankshaft sensor and ran ok for a week but then engine started to run like a bag of sh*t. Plug in on computer said it was egr value had that changed (not ford). Ran ok again.
Then one morning it wouldn’t start like batteries were flat put new batteries on started ran ok for another week or so
Now issue with starting when it does start powertrain light comes on and no revs over 1000 rpm and range fuel dashboard flicks between miles and dashed
Latest it’s doing this and the Rac plugged it in and it comes up with body control module, headlands , brake warning light fault, air bag, injector leaking
No signs of an injectors leaking Rac seems to think maybe clutch not set up properly?
Something wrong with the body control module
It really mess with my head now I need truck for work was a brilliant truck before all this
It has over 217000 on the clock and I’ve done at these 117000 of them miles and really can’t afford to replace her yet
Please someone help
bgboss2609
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mk7 08 reg 350 rwd pickup

Postby knobby1 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Sounds like a poorly earth..or possibly a duff ignition switch.

Do you know exactly what the code numbers were..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Airthies » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:13 am

I'd be going for new earth cables between engine to chassis and batts to chassis.
I'd say also front batt but if that's been changed (assume for new, not "good" second hand?) Then that shouldn't add to the problem. Get them load/drop tested anyway to be sure
As knobby says ignition switch is worth a look too. Cheap even from Ford it's worth it at the age/miles you've got even if it's not giving bother now....

Sent from my anu5 using crapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bgboss2609 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:16 am

Cheers for your advice I’ll try the earths today. I’ll let u know
2x Oldham batteries fitted both new from the factors
bgboss2609
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jumbosid » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:12 pm

If it's any thing like the mk6 I would check the crank sensor loam. The mk6 rwd runs from the bellhousing back to the gear stick/selector bracket then picks up the speedo and reverse plug loams they may of damaged the loam by the gear stick bracket.
Jumbosid

Postby knobby1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:05 pm

Jumbosid wrote:If it's any thing like the mk6 I would check the crank sensor loam. The mk6 rwd runs from the bellhousing back to the gear stick/selector bracket then picks up the speedo and reverse plug loams they may of damaged the loam by the gear stick bracket.

Loam..?? :?

Not like the Mk6 I'm afraid...most Mk6's RWD's are 5 speed (MT75).....many Mk7's RWD's are 6 speed (MT82)...Mk7's don't have a speedo sensor or loom in the gearbox.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bgboss2609 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:38 pm

It must be a mk6 then as mine is 5 speed red
Still not running right now starts and runs but as soon as you put anything pressure on the throttle it cuts out
Mechanic is going to change the succession control valve now
bgboss2609
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:03 pm

bgboss2609 wrote:It must be a mk6 then as mine is 5 speed red
Still not running right now starts and runs but as soon as you put anything pressure on the throttle it cuts out
Mechanic is going to change the succession control valve now

Succesion cotrol valve???
Some Mk7's are 5 speed...if you have a SCV it'll be a Mk7. Have you had codes read??

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bgboss2609 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:09 am

The mechanic has changed the scv which was only changed last year. He had it running it started and was ok. Then issue came back he was around the front trying other things when he put his hand on the wiring loom coming from ecu when the truck decided to run perfect. He then pulled at the loom at starting to play up again. He did again and the same thing happened. So he opened the loom check the wiring which looked mostly ok. Started the truck and now it runs perfect and even if he pulls at single wires it won’t cut out. He check all contacts and the ecu pull at them made sure they are tight and all ok. He spent days on it and now had enough and he said I can have it back Monday to keep using it until it does it again
He didn’t charge me much as he said he hasn’t fix it yet and is expected it to happen again
The only code it put up was the scv which is y he changed it again and which he nows thinks it’s the wiring on it but needs it to play up again
He’s had the headlights out and checked all the wiring there as well
bgboss2609
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bgboss2609 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:06 am

Truck back running well but power train light on
Mechanic reckons if he try’s to put it out it runs
Like a bag of sh*t again
probably fail mot next time
Think of coving it up (tape) but going to run it for a few weeks
First it poss to see
Also brakes warning light (pads) came on yesterday for a while and next
Time I started it is was out and stayed out
And then I went out again and it was on again
bgboss2609
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:37 pm

bgboss2609 wrote:Truck back running well but power train light on
Mechanic reckons if he try’s to put it out it runs
Like a bag of sh*t again
probably fail mot next time
Think of coving it up (tape) but going to run it for a few weeks
First it poss to see
Also brakes warning light (pads) came on yesterday for a while and next
Time I started it is was out and stayed out
And then I went out again and it was on again

Powertrain light will probably be fuel/engine related....if the SCV has been replaced and the learns haven't been done successfully, the light will stay on and she "may" eventually go into limp mode.

Normally, the SCV & PRV are replaced as a pair, then all the relevant learns done, latest PCM update should be done if it hasn't been done already.

Brake pad light could just be worn pads, if pads are ok, check the pad sensors/looms for continuity...they're just a long earth loop back to the dash...but if they come on and go out again, it may well be an intermittent connection. Most of us just disable the pad sensors and make the loom loop permanent and check the pads like normal.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits