*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2005 Transit TDDI RWD to 6 speed Conversion

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

2005 Transit TDDI RWD to 6 speed Conversion

Postby saphwez » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Hey just to give you a quick run through of work done so far:

originally 90bhp 2.4 rwd recovery truck. It was then fitted 125 injectors and turbo

I then decatted the pipe and made a side exit and wound the boost up on the turbo.

I also have a K&N panel filter.

Once all this was fitted i took a trip to vantuner to get maximum bhp out of it and the difference is astonishing!

Its a recovery truck on a 5.13 diff so i'd really like to lower the ratios since i've more than enough power now.

My question is, can i fit a mk7 dana back axle with a lower ratio diff or would i be better with the 135 mk6 dana axle and propshaft?.

Then used a 135tdci mk6 transit 6 speed box and propshaft (as well as gearstick etc).

I know people have had issues with the difference in flywheels i just wondered if i could use the 135tdci flywheel and clutch?.

I know an engineer if any pick up points need adding or milling out on the 135 flywheel if crank pickup is an issue.
saphwez

Re: 2005 Transit TDDI RWD to 6 speed Conversion

Postby mikeyboo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:11 pm

I have a mk6 recovery that was changed to six speed,only problem is I need a clutch but don't no what one,some say six speed,but other are saying u need to get the clutch and flywheel to match the engine. So it's worth keeping records of parts changed and used.
mikeyboo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 2005 Transit TDDI RWD to 6 speed Conversion

Postby johnfixa11 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:57 pm

saphwez wrote:Hey just to give you a quick run through of work done so far:

originally 90bhp 2.4 rwd recovery truck. It was then fitted 125 injectors and turbo

I then decatted the pipe and made a side exit and wound the boost up on the turbo.

I also have a K&N panel filter.

Once all this was fitted i took a trip to vantuner to get maximum bhp out of it and the difference is astonishing!

Its a recovery truck on a 5.13 diff so i'd really like to lower the ratios since i've more than enough power now.

My question is, can i fit a mk7 dana back axle with a lower ratio diff or would i be better with the 135 mk6 dana axle and propshaft?.

Then used a 135tdci mk6 transit 6 speed box and propshaft (as well as gearstick etc).

I know people have had issues with the difference in flywheels i just wondered if i could use the 135tdci flywheel and clutch?.

I know an engineer if any pick up points need adding or milling out on the 135 flywheel if crank pickup is an issue.
Hiya! I just posted asking if a 90 could become a 125...sounds like you did it, and had some fun :-) did you have to change wiring looms?

Sorry I can't help with your questions... the dead 90 is a neighbours...who doesn't really do internet.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
johnfixa11
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits