*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

DPF Regens

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

DPF Regens

Postby WarrenB » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi, just after a bit of DPF Regen info!

Basically, I ended up with a clogged DPF, wouldn't do a static regeneration because of a faulty exhaust gas sensor. Changed that, still wouldn't regen, came back with errors for more sensors. DPF eventually got so clogged I got the 'Engine Malfunction' message and it went into super limp mode. Spent a day at the garage, where they traced the error to a frayed wire somewhere on the back of the engine. Repaired that and it did a forced regen, gave everyone within 100 yards lung cancer (but kept things nice and warm) and left a nice sooty deposit on the ground.

600 miles on and it's been fine, and a nice brucey bonus it's using a lot less diesel.

SO!

Just wondering what the variables are for the DPF to regen on its own? How full of crap does it have to be? How long into a long journey does it start to regen? Being a Euro 5 it's only doing about 1700rpm at motorway speeds, and a few people have said it needs to be doing at least 2500 before it can regen. Wouldn't be so bad if there was something on the on board computer that'd tell you the basics I guess.

I have since got a Forscan so can do forced regens as a last resort, but want to avoid doing that ideally (I only have a MacBook, so have to borrow someones Windows laptop if I want a play with it).
WarrenB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits