*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fuelling issue when cold.....

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Fuelling issue when cold.....

Postby Peejay56 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi,
Help please with fuelling issue on 2010 Mk7 SWB 140. No fault codes logged.

When cold
Starts and idles OK, but when pulling away in 1st it will hiccup quite violently then keep accelerating. Change into 2nd and back on the power and immediately it hiccups again. All this happens around 1200-1400 RPM. Once in the higher gears the hiccup is still there but not as noticeable.

When hot
No hiccups at all, but the fuelling doesn't "feel" right up to 1700 RPM in all gears, once it clears 2000 RPM it's off like the clappers and runs great.

It's had all the learning updates done at the local Ford dealers last week, but this has not cured it. Generally once hot and above 2000 RPM it runs real well, pulls strong and the economy is amazing at 44 mpg at the moment, this has shot up since the updates have been done.

The dealers has said it's the fuel pump that's goosed, but I'm not convinced. I just don't want to throw lots of money at it changing parts without understanding what's wrong.

SCV? PCV? Any ideas guys?

Thanks, Pete.
Peejay56
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Fuelling issue when cold.....

Postby knobby1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:51 pm

Peejay56 wrote:Hi,
Help please with fuelling issue on 2010 Mk7 SWB 140. No fault codes logged.

When cold
Starts and idles OK, but when pulling away in 1st it will hiccup quite violently then keep accelerating. Change into 2nd and back on the power and immediately it hiccups again. All this happens around 1200-1400 RPM. Once in the higher gears the hiccup is still there but not as noticeable.

When hot
No hiccups at all, but the fuelling doesn't "feel" right up to 1700 RPM in all gears, once it clears 2000 RPM it's off like the clappers and runs great.

It's had all the learning updates done at the local Ford dealers last week, but this has not cured it. Generally once hot and above 2000 RPM it runs real well, pulls strong and the economy is amazing at 44 mpg at the moment, this has shot up since the updates have been done.

The dealers has said it's the fuel pump that's goosed, but I'm not convinced. I just don't want to throw lots of money at it changing parts without understanding what's wrong.

SCV? PCV? Any ideas guys? Thanks, Pete.

Any lights on the dash..?? Have you had the codes read..??

I'll have a guess...EGR, PRV and/or SCV. TDCi fuel pumps rarely fail.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Peejay56 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 pm

No dash lights. I have a Foxwell scanner - no codes/faults. Ford dealer also checked - no codes/faults.

Pete.
Peejay56
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby the dutch guy » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:52 am

Pressures need to be read while driving. Then yoy can tell if its the pump.
Mk6 SWB TDCI 125
the dutch guy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Peejay56 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Update.....

New EGR fitted and all back to normal, the van is running perfect again.

Pete.
Peejay56
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits