*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2.3 PETROL , CAT REPLACE .

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

2.3 PETROL , CAT REPLACE .

Postby CROSSFIREROB » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:02 pm

Just replaced my front section exhaust which contains the Cat converters , over the period of a week my Van got slower and slower , there were no engine lights on and my OBD2 showed no faults ,but I just new that the convert was blocked , you could feel it when driving . So what a swine of a job to carry out ,first the exhaust manifold bolts were rusted solid , I had to cut them off , to do that I had to remove the complete manifold , most of the studs just came out instead of the nuts coming off , then it was time to jack the van right up and drop the cross member and disconnect the steering knuckle, remove Sensors and a couple of other nuts and bolts , even then I had to fight with the exhaust to get it out , this job took 8 hours from start to finnish , the exhaust cost 220 quid , and my van flies like it never has before , well chuffed with my efforts . So if you have a van that seems to be down on power and showing no faults it could be a blocked cat . :D
Rockin and a rollin all day long !
CROSSFIREROB
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits