*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

rac are a bunch of total bankers

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

rac are a bunch of total bankers

Postby nw london » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:37 am

the basic question im asking is can someone trying to charge a dead battery on my mk6 (rwd 2004 floor gearbox 2.4) manage to wipe my keys memory and kick in my immobiliser?

apologies for not being so active on here but im fuming with these rac c nuts. my alternator went so battery was dying a slow death, it did well for 30miles. anyway them a***holes got called i got this buffoon bumbling around my seat trying to simply charge my battery. it started briefly then it stopped. he tried again then thats when the immobiliser kicked in. i wont bore you with the crappy customer service that carried on after that including my van eventually being recovered 20hours later.....

ive never in the year and a half of owning the van had immobiliser problems and the key eventually had to be reprogrammed. i did notice he kept the ignition on whilst disconnecting the battery before it happened, maybe significant or not. theyre basically saying its nothing to do with them as their tech team says its not their fault. i had to pay for the reprogramming. is my hunch right or do they get away with it?
nw london
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: rac are a bunch of total bankers

Postby ake » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:55 am

The imoviliseer does not suddenly kick in
It is active every time the ignition is turned of

Running the van will no alternator and a dying battery has be seen before as a simple method of deleting known keys from immobiliser.

You can’t blame the RAC guy for something that’s a known fault, blame yourself for not stopping the van and repairing it before the battery was totally flat.
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Re: nw london is a total banker.

Postby Mike » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:58 am

ake wrote: blame yourself for not stopping the van and repairing it before the battery was totally flat.

I think you’re expecting too much of someone who can’t even operate the shift key.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits