*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit mk7 2.2 85bhp - black smoke under acceleration

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Transit mk7 2.2 85bhp - black smoke under acceleration

Postby daraioj » Sun May 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Right, just checked on my PC and on device manager it appears as USB Serial Port..

Here's the links for the drivers I used.

For 64bit:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM ... tified.zip

For 32bit:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM ... tified.zip

Got them from here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

If you're not sure whether you're system is 32 or 64 bit go to start, right click computer, properties.
2010 2.4L RWD 100ps MT75 LWB High Roof
daraioj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby daraioj » Sun May 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Karst wrote:I've got USB serial Port COM 13 showing in Device Manager when I plug the lead in. This is the same as in the "Instructions" with the lead, under Ftdiunim

When i unplug it this disappears.
That sounds fine.

Could you copy paste the log or upload a picture of what Forscan says when trying to connect?
daraioj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Karst » Sun May 13, 2018 4:24 pm

There's really nothing to report from the log on Forescan. It just says "Unable to connect to vehicle. Please make sure the ignition key is ON and try again." That's it, the same every time.

It looks to me like there is something in the van blocking the connection.....?

It's Window 10, 64bit, and the driver I've got going in it right now is CDM21228. I did actually download your one earlier - couldn't find an executable file in it! I think it had to be paired with another download for installation. I did it somewhere along the line....
Ford Transit Mk 7 Panel van, ex-posty's, 57 reg, 2007. Duratorq TDCI 2.2 (85PS)
Karst
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby daraioj » Sun May 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Karst wrote:There's really nothing to report from the log on Forescan. It just says "Unable to connect to vehicle. Please make sure the ignition key is ON and try again." That's it, the same every time.

It looks to me like there is something in the van blocking the connection.....?

It's Window 10, 64bit, and the driver I've got going in it right now is CDM21228. I did actually download your one earlier - couldn't find an executable file in it! I think it had to be paired with another download for installation. I did it somewhere along the line....

So it checks port 13... connects to the adapter.. shows Elm327 v1.5 and the it fails to connect to the van, correct?
daraioj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Karst » Sun May 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi daraioj,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I thought I'd posted a reply more than 2 hours ago!

It doesn't show anything about checking ports, it just acknowledges the adaptor, and says it cannot connect to the vehicle. That's it.

It's not my laptop so I'm not very flexible about using it. And trying to post photos and screenshots is going to be a bit more involved, but I can see I'll have to go down that route. I've now given the laptop back, but I can borrow it again almost anytime, I just can't borrow it for longer than 24 hours at a time.

Tapatalk is next to useless for me, it always takes so long to load on my phone (Huawei honor 7, Android) that I rarely use it.

My van is ex-Post Office, do you think they've done something to it to block me out?

Many thank yous for all your time and help!

Karsty.
Karst
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby abiolayunis » Sun May 13, 2018 8:10 pm

My van is ex-Post Office, do you think they've done something to it to block me out?

Sent from my TECNO F2 using Tapatalk
abiolayunis
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby abiolayunis » Sun May 13, 2018 8:17 pm

abiolayunis wrote:My van is ex-Post Office, do you think they've done something to it to block me out?

As much as I do not know what the problem is with the connection to your vehicle's ECU, I strongly believe that the only last owner of your (or any other) vehicle will do such thing. With the help of the host of gurus on this forum, you will certainly find a way out of this tight-corner.
I joined this forum just a couple of days ago but I must admit that I have learnt so much. Thanks all for the experiences shared.

abiolayunis
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby daraioj » Sun May 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Karst wrote:Hi daraioj,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I thought I'd posted a reply more than 2 hours ago!

It doesn't show anything about checking ports, it just acknowledges the adaptor, and says it cannot connect to the vehicle. That's it.

It's not my laptop so I'm not very flexible about using it. And trying to post photos and screenshots is going to be a bit more involved, but I can see I'll have to go down that route. I've now given the laptop back, but I can borrow it again almost anytime, I just can't borrow it for longer than 24 hours at a time.

Tapatalk is next to useless for me, it always takes so long to load on my phone (Huawei honor 7, Android) that I rarely use it.

Many thank yous for all your time and help!

Karsty.
No worries Karst. I'm sorry I can't be of any more help. It's hard from the distance.

Can the OBD2 port be blocked? Yes I understand it can be. But as far as I know it means physically modifying the port. I might be wrong though.
I have no idea whether that's common practice or not.

You could try a different software to rule out it's a Forscan issue/configuration.

(What version did you install 2.3.14? I can upload screenshots of the configuration on mine although it's mostly in auto)

http://www.wgsoft.de/dl/ScanMaster-ELM_DEMO_6.0.zip

That's a free trial of another program and it should connect through your Bbfly. I tried it myself.

Another option would be connecting to a different vehicle.

It's either laptop/software/driver, adapter or van.. you'll have to start ruling out.
daraioj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby daraioj » Sun May 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Ok. So, here's what I see when I double click the usb serial port on device manager and its advanced options.

Here's Forscan's connection options

And also that scan master let's you test the communication with the adapter. Go to options, communication, choose USB and the adapter should appear at the bottom. Select it and hit test.

Hope it helps
daraioj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Karst » Sun May 13, 2018 11:21 pm

abiolayunis - I know, these guys here are amazing!

daraioj - thanks again..... I have just taken the plunge and bought a second hand laptop on eBay. So When that arrives I'll have more flexibility, and I'll properly go through your posts here....

tbc.....
Karst
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby daraioj » Mon May 14, 2018 8:34 am

Karst wrote:abiolayunis - I know, these guys here are amazing!

daraioj - thanks again..... I have just taken the plunge and bought a second hand laptop on eBay. So When that arrives I'll have more flexibility, and I'll properly go through your posts here....

tbc.....
Give us a shout, I'll be happy to help.

I'll post a picture of my OBD2 port too so you can compare them
daraioj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Karst » Mon May 14, 2018 9:00 am

Karst
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby GOLDIE1B » Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 am

Hi I.had excessI've.smoke. under acceleration from my one. T280 copper injector seals cured a whole lot on.mine
the man makes the van
GOLDIE1B
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Karst » Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 am

GOLDIE1B wrote:Hi I.had excessI've.smoke. under acceleration from my one. T280 copper injector seals cured a whole lot on.mine

Thanks Goldie. I will be covering every option! Laptop arriving in the next coupla days, so then I can try again with all the ODB port stuff in my own time.

Did you fit them yourself? So basically, these would do the job?.....https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-OF-O-E-FUE ... Sw-olaSvRQ
Karst
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby daraioj » Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 am

Karst wrote:
GOLDIE1B wrote:Hi I.had excessI've.smoke. under acceleration from my one. T280 copper injector seals cured a whole lot on.mine

Thanks Goldie. I will be covering every option! Laptop arriving in the next coupla days, so then I can try again with all the ODB port stuff in my own time.

Did you fit them yourself? So basically, these would do the job?.....https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-OF-O-E-FUE ... Sw-olaSvRQ
Those are the ones. You'll have to clean the seats though or recut them and you'll need new bolts too as they're one use. And you might as well replace the clamps for the upgraded ones while you're at it.
Clamps are about £11 each at ford and bolts £2.5 each.

And to be honest if you're going to remove the injector I would suggest you should get them tested. Take them somewhere decent and you'll get a crystal clear picture of the state of them.

Torque is 6nm + 180°
daraioj
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits