*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Pipe Dream?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Pipe Dream?

Postby Ben21 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:13 pm

I am now the owner of a mk6(I think) 2002 LWB RWD 2.4 durotorc transit, 105 thou on the clock which used to be my brother’s.
It was described to me by his wife as “not pretty but a good runner”.
It has not been driven for over 3 years and knowing my brother the van has probably never been driven faster than 40 MPH.
I recently returned to UK to pick it up after being MOT’d and Taxed and drove it back to my home in Germany. The trip went without incident no more than 60 -70 mph, it seemed to take forever.
I went to start it the following morning and nothing, called ADAC (RAC)out and the took me to my nearest Ford dealership. After they had it for a day on their diagnostic computer, it was all they could do to stop them wetting themselves with laughter.
Fuel pump: US 1500 euros if they could find one that old.
Engine Management sytem: US another 1000 euros
To replace a lost PATs key another 200 euros, and then the cost of reprograming and labour.
I distinctly got the impression they were fending me of with a barge pole. I was about 1 inch from scrapping the van there and then but as I went out to remove the documentation I thought “1 last go”, and bugger me it fired up, much to my delight and the Ford Meister mechanics shock.
They told me it was a one off but they tried it 5 times in succession, then the top man came out and did the same hoping it would fail.
You cannot imagine the smug feeling I ha when I left the place, but I still had to pay the diagnostic bill.
I now have the first hand experience of the Ford corporate word. MMMMMMM!
I am not frightened of getting my hands dirty or learning new stuff.
In this post I have put the codes that have come up and also the imobiliser flashing code.
I suppose my question is will I be wasting time and money trying to get it to run again and pass it on to my son for his band.
PCM DTC P0149
PCM DTC P1664
PCM DTC P1564
PCM DTC B2139
PCM DTC B2141
PCM DTC B2139
PCM DTC P1631
PCM DTC B2139
PCM DTC P1659
CSM DTC B2550
Imobiliser code 23

Please don't be to harsh on the newbie all advice will be gratefully accepted, thanks in advance.
Ben21

Re: Pipe Dream?

Postby Brains_transit » Tue May 22, 2018 5:12 pm

Brains_transit
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits