*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

gear box whizzing noise

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

gear box whizzing noise

Postby E8RGD » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:19 pm

HI hade a clutch fitted yesterday to my 08 fwd 110 been out in it today and could hear a whizzing sound coming from gearbox so turned round went home hade a look under van and there's gear oil coming out of bottom of bell housing any thoughts on what's going on.
cheers
E8RGD
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: gear box whizzing noise

Postby squirrel93 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:31 pm

E8RGD wrote:HI hade a clutch fitted yesterday to my 08 fwd 110 been out in it today and could hear a whizzing sound coming from gearbox so turned round went home hade a look under van and there's gear oil coming out of bottom of bell housing any thoughts on what's going on.
cheers

Need to find where the leaks comming from if there’s anything leaking above the box that’s running down giving the illusion? I recently had a clutch change and the shaft seals were damaged when re fitted the oil was thrown everywhere for the shafts and gearbox was whining , I changed the seals at £30 and new oil for the box and all is 100% now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squirrel93
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: gear box whizzing noise

Postby E8RGD » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:59 pm

it definitely coming from they little hole between bottom of bell housing and engine isn't they box shaft seal on they rear of they concentric slave cylinder on these boxes
E8RGD
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits