*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk 7 High roof barn door adjustment?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk 7 High roof barn door adjustment?

Postby steamdrivenandy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:38 pm

The other day I noticed that I could see daylight between the two doors, right at the top. We've had little rain since I got the van but on the odd occasion I've noticed a few spots on the kitchen worktop directly under the centre line of the doors. On checking from outside the top of the offside door seems to be a bit proud and can be pushed in against the rubber seals. There's no sign of movement in the hinges etc but they're big, heavy doors and have, maybe 'relaxed' a bit over ten years. Looking at the top latch and comparing it to the nearside it looks as if the latch could do with pulling the door in tighter. Is adjustment up there possible?
Horizons Unlimited Innovation 1 - Best Transit in Show
steamdrivenandy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Mk 7 High roof barn door adjustment?

Postby twin--turbo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:02 pm

I have the same question....
twin--turbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Punto443 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:12 pm

The hinges have one bolt on the outside and one nut on the inside for adjusting, slacken them and throw the doors over in the direction you need, then tighten up, the external bolts are located under the plastic covers on the hinge.

There’s also two bolts on the inside check of the door for adjusting the doors to meet flush, (in out)

If the doors don’t meet flush after adjusting, they may be slightly twisted and require a gentle bend, by holding the top and bottom and applying light pressure to twist them in the desired way.
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby steamdrivenandy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:47 am

Mine seem aligned properly all round, just that the top corner of the offside door, where it meets the nearside door rubber seal, isn't pulled in tightly enough by the top latch. Is that the two adjustment bolts you refer to?
Horizons Unlimited Innovation 1 - Best Transit in Show
steamdrivenandy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits