*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit MK6 central locking works but doesnt unlock

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Transit MK6 central locking works but doesnt unlock

Postby drago82s » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Hello,
I read all the treads i could find in this forum about unlocking a ford transit as first of all i have managed to lock myself out of the van.

My van is a Mk6 2001 Transit 2.0Di 100hp, 5places with sliding doors for both sides, central locking equipped.
Just after buying the van i locked it and realised the key would not tunr the doorlock because of being too worn.
The sliding doors were not locking/unlocking so i got in and unlocked the drivers door from inside.
I had no ideea what i was doing and played with the 3bttn FOB. Seemed to lock doors but not unlock.
After a few locking the door by fob and unlocking the door by handle, the drivers door would not unlock mannually anymore so i decided to drill the lock. Again, i had no ideea what i was doing and no ideea that you can take the cover off from the inside quite easy.
After drilling trough the lock and breaking a little black piece of plastic i pushed by finger the sliding piece of plastic that was normally pushed by the barrel and managed to unlock the door.
After a few days i got the surprise of not being able to unlock the dor by finger so i found this forum and after reading i took down the interior plastic cover on the driver's door and after unmounting of the steel rod that pushes/pulls the door locking mechanism i coul unlock the door from inside but without the rod conected cod not do so from the outside. Sorry for the long storry but, i had to walk you trough the whole story.

After reading posts on this great forum i checked for interruptions on both front and rear doors wiring looms and found no interruptions but that someone made previous repairs/soldiering.
I have demounted, cleaned and lubricated both front doors locking mechanisms.
I have wired a new aftermarket FOB and reciever (3 buttons WV copy model with springloaded key), in the way that unlock buttons sends negative signal to unlock wire 14 from the blue connector in central locking module from the fuse connector, and the unlock trunk button unlocks ,after being pressed for 3 seconds, the rear doors. I had to install a new reciever with fobs because it was much cheaper than replacing the original 3key ford FOB that i considered broken for not sending an unlock signal to doors.

Sliding doors,two in total in my case, do not respond to central locking and i suspect the 3pin contacts on the van body not workingI will leave the sliding doors out of the discussion as they ar not a priority, being able to be blocked/unblocked from inside using a flat screwdriver and leaving them unconnected to the central locking circuit.

For a few days everything but the sliding doors, locked and unlocked like the van was new.
Then suddenly the rear driver's door locked but didn't unlock neither from FOB nor from the inside handle, nor by using index finger in the barrel hole to lift sliding plastic piece inside the locking mechanism.
So again took the inside plastic cover down, disconnected rod and after that by pushing on the lever that normally the rod connecting to the outside handle pushes i managed to get the door open. On visual inspection and after trying the mecanisms by hand i remounted everything.
I tried the fob again so the back door closes and the passenger door also (wich for me is the left side, right being drivers door) but the drivers door remains unlocked.
Pressing the unlock button on fob, leaves all doors locked. Except when holding unlock for a few secconds, unlocks the rear door ONLY. By manually opening front door from inside the locking cycle can begin again.

So i imagined that connection between the door mechanism black/green (pin 1)contact and the violet/black wire in central locking module (pin14) wolud be broken but proved wrong with multimeter. so the negative pulse signal goes from aftermarket reciever to pin 14 central locking to pin1 door mecanism with no problem, just the door not responding to unlock.
By shorting pin 3 black/red wire to ground locks the front door and works as intended no mather i do it on right or left side.

Then i tried shorting black/green wire to ground wich does nothing. an this is my problem as the front doors remain locked with no possibility of geting inside the car. The rear door unlocks but the van is converted into a camper and i have to climb on the bed and unlock the car from inside wich i do not find resonable.

I am not in UK so good transit mecanics are very scarce. I have tools and some mecanics knowlege and am able to fix things as long as someone puts me on the right direction. All i need now is for the lock unlock to work again so i can enjoy my vacation and leave the van locked while shopping or swiming :)
drago82s

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits