*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

cpl unit

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

cpl unit

Postby deswood073 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 am

hi i have had my mk6 transit from brand new and am experiencing problems with central locking system blowing fuse sliding door solenoid changed a few years ago now and no problems since started off not locking in sequence then started blowing fuse maybe once a month then ok for a while then started blowing same fuse once a week came out other day fuse blown again and constantly blowing decided to check all wiring from back doors through to front so disconnected all solenoids still blowing fuse checked all wiring in looms and took off all door panels to check wiring right back to the cpl unit under dashboard still blowing same fuse took plugs from cpl unit and tried not blowing fuse put plugs back in and all ok again could there be trouble with this unit ??? i have literally spent two days taking van apart and found nothing wrong with wiring or solenoids van is 2.0l t85 260 fwd reg No fd56cxl regards derek jones
deswood073

Re: cpl unit

Postby deswood073 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:54 pm

hi since disconnecting the plugs and reconnecting have not had any more trouble with blowing fuses and central locking sounds faster also has not gone out of sequence since so maybe fault was with this unit will keep an update on it
deswood073

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits