*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 injector fun

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Mk7 injector fun

Postby iiPaul » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:48 am

I know this will make me sound like an idiot but been doing some research and came across the copper washers thread and it possibly effects the leak off.. long story short two weeks ago when I took the air box off and was just looking over the engine when I decided to nip the injector clamp bolts up another half a turn..(first transit lol) since then on start up sometimes it seems to miss fire occasionally.. could this have something to do with my problems

Do I get new copper washers and seals, fit them along with the new scv and prv? Do new learns and go from there
iiPaul
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby loot » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:50 am

You can do but it won't make a difference to your current problem. Injector leak off is based on the condition of the injectors.

If you are worried about procedures etc then send the injectors away to get tested, some companies will sonic clean the crap out of them if it makes a difference, if the nozzles are knackered they can be replaced but that comes down to cost.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby iiPaul » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 am

loot wrote:You can do but it won't make a difference to your current problem. Injector leak off is based on the condition of the injectors.

If you are worried about procedures etc then send the injectors away to get tested, some companies will sonic clean the crap out of them if it makes a difference, if the nozzles are knackered they can be replaced but that comes down to cost.

Okay we’ll km tempted to just go with the fitting of the new scv and the prv and do the learns.. what would be the reasons for the learns to fail? The injectors being wrecked?

I would take them out however I need the van for work
iiPaul
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits