*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

LWB 125 T430 welding panels

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

LWB 125 T430 welding panels

Postby Ainsey11 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to find a replacement panel for the area highlighted in the picture, specifically the lower part near the cill as mine has rotted through,

image.png

I've found this one : http://www.crashpartsuk.co.uk/catalogue ... FD499ADAAN but unsure if it's the right panel? there was an e-bay seller selling one exactly the same and they said it would not fit, though it looks correct to me?

Can anyone confirm if this is the panel I need? or have I got to get creative with my sheet metal and make my own, especially as it currently looks like this!:

DSC_0086.JPG

(can see the rear wheel mudflap on the left of the photo)

Thanks!

Ainsey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ainsey11

Re: LWB 125 T430 welding panels

Postby andz327 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:04 pm

Its says for lwb which is shorter than a jumbo maybe thats the problem mate.......thats a beast of a van
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dieselhead123 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:38 am

Hi there, the panel in the link you posted is intended for use opposite the side loading door on a LWB van, the part you require is not available from pattern suppliers, however......

The part in your posted link does have the same x-section, (on the vertical plane) as the part you need to repair, so is a good panel to start with, although some 'tin work' will be required in the rear bumper recess and where it meets your rear wheel arch.

We can supply you with the same part as in your link for £38 but there will be a postage/delivery charge to add.

If you feel you need further advice on repairing this part of your van or on other body parts you might need then please call our workshop on the number below and ask to speak to Tim.

Hope this helps,
LCS
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Ainsey11 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:13 pm

andz327 wrote:Its says for lwb which is shorter than a jumbo maybe thats the problem mate.......thats a beast of a van

hah thanks mate :D only had it 4/5 months, just had the front tires and alignment done on it yesterday, £200 quid for two yokos and an alignment! crazy money...

dieselhead123 wrote:Hi there, the panel in the link you posted is intended for use opposite the side loading door on a LWB van, the part you require is not available from pattern suppliers, however......

The part in your posted link does have the same x-section, (on the vertical plane) as the part you need to repair, so is a good panel to start with, although some 'tin work' will be required in the rear bumper recess and where it meets your rear wheel arch.

We can supply you with the same part as in your link for £38 but there will be a postage/delivery charge to add.

If you feel you need further advice on repairing this part of your van or on other body parts you might need then please call our workshop on the number below and ask to speak to Tim.

Hope this helps,
LCS

That is some very useful information! thanks for letting me know, do you guys also do patches of sheet metal too? need some about 2footx2foot for another job on it, also I'm not too far away from you guys, I'm up in chelmsford

Thanks!

Rob
Ainsey11

Postby dieselhead123 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:56 am

Hello Rob, yes we are able to supply sheet material for repairs, we generally stock 3ft x 2ft sheets in 1.2mm, for convenience of handling, happy to cut you a 2 x 2 if that is all you needed. Collecting from us would avoid the delivery charge, although our suppliers only charge £12 for each delivery irrespective of the number of parts in the order. A 2 x 2 sheet of 1.2mm would be £15 from our suppliers with direct delivery.

LCS
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits