*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Side door not locking after bodyshop rear arch welding

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Side door not locking after bodyshop rear arch welding

Postby maushawk » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Just got my van back from having its rusty arch repaired, and the central locking isn't detecting the sliding door. I can see the connector is in place inside the door pillar, I've cleaned the contacts and it looks like all the wiring inside the door is intact. The garage is shrugging it off but it was working when I handed it over, and the welding work was done in the same area as the wires that hook up to the door connector. I think there's a possibility they cut through the loom. Is there anything else fairly simple I can check? For now I've had to lock it with the manual switch.
maushawk
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Side door not locking after bodyshop rear arch welding

Postby andz327 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:30 pm

maushawk wrote:Just got my van back from having its rusty arch repaired, and the central locking isn't detecting the sliding door. I can see the connector is in place inside the door pillar, I've cleaned the contacts and it looks like all the wiring inside the door is intact. The garage is shrugging it off but it was working when I handed it over, and the welding work was done in the same area as the wires that hook up to the door connector. I think there's a possibility they cut through the loom. Is there anything else fairly simple I can check? For now I've had to lock it with the manual switch.
Loom shouldn't be near wheel arch, you'll just need to follow loom from the contact pads and check for a break just in case the removed the wires to be ultra safe and breaks on brittle wires can happen
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Side door not locking after bodyshop rear arch welding

Postby maushawk » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Cheers for the reply.

Here's a photo of the area that was worked on. The new panel was welded all the way around. I've used my awesome art skills to show where the door contact pad wire (that I can see) is relative to the work that was done.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maushawk
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits