*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New Mk7 Engine malfunction?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: New Mk7 Engine malfunction?

Postby lostpaul67 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:30 pm

Been asleep on sofa dreaming of van working properly after new map sensor, ring ring, good and bad news.
Good news- new map sensor fitted
Bad news- For the first time in 12 months they connected diagnostics and went for a test drive and it did it, they now have first hand experience of the problem. Now think it is an injector and pump pressure problem, pressure dropped low but they not sure if it was critically low.
T260/130ps Glx
My Mk7 Ford Transit161k miles
lostpaul67
GLX Posse - Founder member

Postby evomark4077 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:41 am

Hello to this forum & my god am I glad I found you! I have been suffering the cold morning "Engine Malfunction" warning on my 2007 MK7 Transit. The van has been into the dealer for this problem 4-5 times now & they've been dealing with it as if it's the only van doing it!

I wish that this was the only problem so far, but in 7 months of ownership (from new), my van has spent nearly 5 weeks in the dealer having the whole of one side resprayed (twice) due to colour match issues, has had two heated screens & is waiting on the third, has had one radio change (4 month wait for the first one) & is waiting on the second (4 weeks waiting now), has taken 5 visits to get the central locking to work properly, the side sliding hinge has collapsed, the drivers door has had 4 sets of seals to try to stop it leaking water & now whistles at over 60 MPH (which they tried to stop by stuffing silicone bathroom sealant into the gap!), the passenger door rattles & has been looked at 3 times. It's had an EGR valve (2 week wait) to no avail.

My old 1997 Transit never let me down once & the only failure I ever suffered was the heater blower fan resistor! This new van has had more faults that the average Mother-in-Law & Ford have treated me like an idiot, trying to pretend that my van is the only one with these problems. It's clear that these new vans have several inherent flaws & Fords' response has been enough to ensure that I will NEVER buy Ford again.
evomark4077

Postby lostpaul67 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:35 pm

I have just done a 50 mile round trip in my 260-130 and got no power/engine malfunction 27 times :x , not bad considering in the last week it has had new EGR and new Map sensor fitted. I am about to e-mail Ford customer service suggesting that they look at this web site and in particular look at my vans problems with the view of fixing it immediately or local press and my company legal team are going to get involved. Tonight I shall be printing and laminating what is wrong with my van and sticking them all over it so if you see a Tonic Swb covered in A4 sheets give me a toot but don't get too close behind cos when it goes it is sudden and you may bump me, must be thousands of people in the south east who won't drive too close to a transit anymore. Why oh why can't a company who has a reputation for building brilliant vans improve there customer service and repair these vehicles, I don't want to change makes as when this van is working as it should it is brilliant, comfortable and absolutely flies(performance/towing final drive).
T260/130ps Glx
lostpaul67

Postby Azer van man » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:34 pm

Here Here,lostpaul, I couldn't agree with you more very well said or written. :wink: :lol:I often feel like driving my van to Ford commercial HQ and parking the f-----g thing write outside the front door with a big sign on it saying "FIX ME PLEASE". :!: :!: :!: :!: :evil:
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby gemini » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:59 am

evomark4077 wrote:Hello to this forum & my god am I glad I found you! I have been suffering the cold morning "Engine Malfunction" warning on my 2007 MK7 Transit. The van has been into the dealer for this problem 4-5 times now & they've been dealing with it as if it's the only van doing it!

I wish that this was the only problem so far, but in 7 months of ownership (from new), my van has spent nearly 5 weeks in the dealer having the whole of one side resprayed (twice) due to colour match issues, has had two heated screens & is waiting on the third, has had one radio change (4 month wait for the first one) & is waiting on the second (4 weeks waiting now), has taken 5 visits to get the central locking to work properly, the side sliding hinge has collapsed, the drivers door has had 4 sets of seals to try to stop it leaking water & now whistles at over 60 MPH (which they tried to stop by stuffing silicone bathroom sealant into the gap!), the passenger door rattles & has been looked at 3 times. It's had an EGR valve (2 week wait) to no avail.

My old 1997 Transit never let me down once & the only failure I ever suffered was the heater blower fan resistor! This new van has had more faults that the average Mother-in-Law & Ford have treated me like an idiot, trying to pretend that my van is the only one with these problems. It's clear that these new vans have several inherent flaws & Fords' response has been enough to ensure that I will NEVER buy Ford again.

cant blame you, they should give you a new one, from the mk 5 they are definately going backwards in terms of reliability
Transit Mk5 Guilt Edged Glamorous & Sleek By Design
gemini
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby brightspark » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:53 pm

After reading everybody elses problems I think dealers are brainwashed into giving the same answers " your's is the only transit we know about".Had the engine malfunction after 4 weeks of owning, has been in to dealers Birchwood Ford Eastbourne 4 or 5 times do not have a clue how to rectify, have asked them to return van with written letter saying they will replace or refund if happens again.Buy any make apart from Ford,"Backbone of Britain" more like "Broken down of Britain".

Make sure you take a picture with your camera phone!
brightspark

Postby lostpaul67 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Update!! :D
Took my van back to the dealer today to find out what they planned to do next in the long and laborious fix-it process :roll: only to be amazed that they wanted it there and then and had an 05-280swb-85ps for me to use indefinitely until they have the problem fixed. Well done Ford now your listening, or is that reading!! cos in amongst my vans paperwork stapled to the warranty items was the printed off TRANSIT FORUM advice from my new fround friends :) I was also surprised when getting home that after driving past the garage the van is actually in the workshop. I have the strangest feeling that my van will be cured this week and that it may well have something to do with the terrible press we have afforded the mk7 within these pages. Going maidstone+maidenhead tomorrow m23,25,26,20,26,25,4,25,23 in Evans Halshaw mk6, gis a toot and please excuse my speed as I'm looking forward to pressing the peddle and not hearing that bloody beep,no power stuff :D
T260/130ps Glx
lostpaul67

Postby MrMPuk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:29 pm

So your dealer printed it off from here? Did you tell them about it?
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby lostpaul67 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Oops hope I haven't done anything wrong but it was myself who printed and presented it to them, apologies to all if that is not within the forum rules. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
T260/130ps Glx
lostpaul67

Postby MrMPuk » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:43 pm

lostpaul67 wrote:Oops hope I haven't done anything wrong but it was myself who printed and presented it to them, apologies to all if that is not within the forum rules. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

No there's nothing wrong with that, especially if it finally got it sorted.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Azer van man » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:03 pm

Well done lostpaul whenever i've gone into one of my local dealers and mention to them that someone on the forum said it might be this or it might be that they get a real attitude and say in that annoying voice "on the transit forum it says etc etc". :!: Well the truth hurts sometimes doesn't it :!: :!: :!: :wink: :lol:
Choose life, Choose a Transit, Italian Job Done ,Its the Irish in me.....I only listen to Above and Beyond
Now with A 5 pot Beast.......I started off with nothing and I still got most of it left...!!
Azer van man
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby lostpaul67 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:05 pm

Getting excited now!!! Popped down to dealer to get something out of my van and was told the fuel pressure relief valve was the problem ( thanks Coconut) and has now been sorted, they have test driven it twice from cold and no problems, could of took it there and then but off to I.O.W tomorrow in loaner and all stuff loaded. They will test it twice again tomorrow and if still no problems I can have it back thursday morning, hope so because the wash no wipe and no flick indicators in the loaner are doing my head in.
T260/130ps Glx
lostpaul67

Postby coconut » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:02 am

lostpaul67 wrote: the fuel pressure relief valve was the problem.

Didn't I see that suggested somewhere before :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just make sure they have replaced the IMV in the fuel pump aswell, otherwise you will be back in no time for another relief valve :!:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby super-spark » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:35 am

Think I said that a few pages back, and yes get them to do the pump as well.
Don't know if it is a coincidence or not, but since mine was done I get and extra 2-3 miles to the gallon now as well as no red red light and no loss of power :D
280 140 LIMITED+EXTRA TOYS MWB Med Roof, Mapped
I love my trannie and she don't answer back

super-spark
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby lostpaul67 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:50 am

Well I mentioned it to them and they had a copy of the post from this wonderful forum so if not Lostpaul will return with questions for them and Ford Tech. Hope its fixed, really really do but gonna miss the lovely smiles on the two gorgeous girls they now have on reception, oh well 60k service just round the corner :arrow: :arrow: :wink: :wink:
T260/130ps Glx
lostpaul67

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits