*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Frankensein engine update

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Frankensein engine update

Postby George Liquor » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:22 pm

ITS ALIVE! the engine is back in the van now and is running well, i had to fill the fuel filter for it to start and starts more or less first time now. The book says 6.9L of oil but at that it was only just on the stick so i topped it up to the half way mark about 8L seems strange but id rather a bit too much than not enough, no smoke or strange noises yet. I put the engine back in on my own using an engine hoist the gear box was left in so i used a couple of foot long lengths of 10mm threaded bar screwed into the spigot holes on the back of the block guided these into the opposite holes in the bell hosing, after chocking up the prop shaft to get the box and engine in line pushed the engine home it was fairly easy with all the cross members removed, been running for a couple of days now and my ears are aware of every little noise one of which is a kind of whirring from the sump its not loud i can just hear it if i crouch down could that be the new gear type oil pump? the pressure is good or at least the oil light goes off even before the engine fires, thank you all for your advice, need to get it back to work now.
George
George Liquor
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Frankensein engine update

Postby George Liquor » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:27 pm

Ho and just to say if you are thinking of cleaning your injectors using a battery and squirting carb cleaner through dont leave the battery connected for long use a switch or button to actuate them otherwise you'll let the smoke out
George Liquor
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby firststrike » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:49 am

Hi George, you probably have the extra deep sump on your engine same as me, takes around 10 litres to show full on the dip stick. I initially put the 6.9 litres in and nothing showed on the dipstick. :oops:
firststrike
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby George Liquor » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:42 pm

Thanks firststrike, i didnt know about that
George Liquor
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits