*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

No boost engine malfunction esp

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: No boost engine malfunction esp

Postby knobby1 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:06 pm

Luke1982 wrote:Bloody saying p00bd now too much air along with p0299 underboost.
Can't win with this van

More than likely will be the EGR valve sticking open/closed/intermittent.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Luke1982 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:36 pm

Egr is brand new mate.
Luke1982
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:38 pm

Luke1982 wrote:Egr is brand new mate.

Doesn't mean it works, especially if not genuine.....we've had many instances of non-genuine parts being DOA.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tranmx2 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:09 am

I am not sure if the private message reply was sent so I've put the reply here.

Hi bud sorry to bother you I'm at a loose end.
So just replaced maf sensor and that code has gone.
Now still p0299 underboost back.
Van drives spot on till engine malfunction and esp comes on.
Reset all values with my forscan I.e maf,actuator etc.
How can I be getting underboost when you can hear turbo spooling up properly.not sure where to go from hear

Sent: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:03 am
To: Luke1982
The MAP maybe gungded up - there are posts re' clearing the small hole and cleaning the MAP. The MAP is on the inlet manifold where it bends a bit. The MAP is after the EGR and throttle before the inlet valves.
MAF Mass air flow. AIR FLOW.
MAP mass air pressure or manifold pressure. AIR PRESSURE It is from the MAP that over/under boost is measured
The pressure in the inlet air system after the turbo is not as expected.
Be sure it is present at time of request - previously set = it did/does exist. Delete/reset DTCs then start again with Forscan see if code is still present. If it now exists - present at time of request shall show with the DTC.

EGR if stuck open could show under boost at start and at idle - generally the inlet system pressure is higher than the exhuast pressure - so an under boost may show.
Throttle if closed could show under boost. Is likeley to show under boost if the EGR is also stuck open.
The turbo vanes postion and the state of the exhaust can contribute to over/under boost.
The state of the turbo and inlet system before and after the turbo can contribute to under boost.

ESP seems on odd thing that does whatever whenever - the van had not moved for 3 months and the ESP showed on moving the van. Went over a juction at the top of a hill onto the flat main road and the ESP showed. Went around a corner a bit too quick - the ESP showed. Found that - switch off engine - restart = ESP light out.
The ESP is linked to the ABS and vehicle speed. The ABS sensors are used by the ESP the vehicle speed is achieved from reading the ABS sensors. Likelly hill assist is also linked to the ABS system.

On the post 2011 transits the modules are linked therefore one module could affect another module.
As in an engine the state of one componant can effect the performance of other components.
As in a person an inury does have ongoing effects.

Use live data on Forscan = can see what the sensors are putting out/reading - over time you can compare - find out what they need to be reading.
Loty Barfost - all shall become apparent later.

It is better for all to have info' on the forum.
2012 MK 7 E 5 100-350 3.5 XLWB RWD Duratorq 2.2L CR TC 14 DSL 100/125 PS E5 DPF BCM PCM RCM
Was DRRB 74 KW 100 HP 100 cv. Now CYR5 125 HP. PCM could still be for 100 HP.
There's more letters after a Transit than a military man :lol:
tranmx2
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Luke1982 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:45 pm

Well I've finally found the issue.
After having the inlet manifold replaced just before the problems started as had a crack apparently.
I checked today for leeks etc and found a missing bolt on the side where egr bolts in.
Thought I could hear air rushing but thought nothing of it as turbo was finally working properly.well air has stopped rushing after bolt replaced and gave it a thrash and no underboost and works spot on.
Thanks for all advice
Luke1982
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits