*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

transit asm fault code P0919

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: transit asm fault code P0919

Postby Altransit » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm sure that re-mapping won't help your problem, but no harm in giving our vantuner a ring or send him a PM :wink:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3419

:D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby ebxmple » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:11 am

I have one at the moment that keeps logging po909 which is also a shift control fault. My drama is that I cant select reverse and when I select drive it takes off ok in first then changes to second but then wont go into third or any gear above second. Manual shifting,hot or cold its exactly the same. Ford have sh*t diagnostic flow charts on these things as they dont give you a pinpoint test to follow for each fault code. Pretty hard to get good info on these ASM systems when it comes to diagnostics as they reckon most of the diagnosis is done with the IDS....Bullshit!!!! If the stupid thing spits out a fault code you should be able to cross reference that code to the workshop manual and then be able to follow a step by step diagnostic procedure for that fault. But they have no such thing in the workshop manual which other ford models such as Falcon,Territory,Focus etc all have.
ebxmple

Postby Dennsit » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 pm

Sounds similar to mine except when mine warms up there is no trace of a fault .please let us know how you get on cos i have not taken mine to frauds yet: i was not aware that they had diagnotic proceedure for other models but not the transit durashift ,bit worrying
Dennsit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bookwyse » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:07 pm

Give these blokes a ring:

Drivers Transmissions: 0121 440 3476

They are in Mosely, Birmingham and know more than most about auto boxes.

Jeff
bookwyse
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby coconut » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:22 pm

If its coming up with a wiring fault I'd start by taking the radio & gear selector panel out and checking the loom behind there as this was a common place for wires to break :idea:

I take it the buttons work fine on the steering wheel and the panel (dont stick in at all)

Has it had any work done on it eg clutch, 'slave' cylinder etc :?:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby winterheating » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:43 pm

if this box is just a manual, could incorrect atf fluid have been used,
or garages ''one oil suites all'' :?:

or maybe just try a different oil suited for colder enviroments :?:
winterheating
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby nokites » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:57 pm

To bleed the system via Ford dealer as below

Use diagnostic system to bleed the gearshift system.
Use diagnostic system to allow the transmission control module (TCM) to relearn the transmission parameters.
OLD CHINESE PROVERB

Man who works for nothing and women who f****s for nothing ---------ALLWAYS GOT PLENTY TO DO
nokites
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Dennsit » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:22 pm

Thanks coconut ,buttons work fine on steering wheel and on dash . this fault cleers up as soon as the engine warms up and it behaves the same way each time .it has had a new flyweel and clutch and this altered the behavior slightly but is now 100% predictable........ PREVIOS POST READS
..........they have cleared the fault a couple of times but next morning the fault re-appears,at first gear shift in to 2nd ,weather it is in auto or manual mode , and as soon as the vehicle is warmed up the fault dissappears and i could drive all day no probs ,they have checked the wiring for loose and have changed GEARBOX oil making no difference .last thing to know is the air bag light on instrument panel is constantly flashing .ANY help or pointers gretfully recieved and i will post the outcome .....Could it be blled proceedure ?
Dennsit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby coconut » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:25 pm

Was the clutch biting points re-learnt after new one fitted :?:

Was the 'slave' cylinder unbolted and moved to the side or was the pipes disconnected meaning it may need bleeding :?:
I miss my 'courtesy van'............140 Glx..now a Jumbo :(
coconut
Ford Technician

Postby Dennsit » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:31 pm

coconut ..i dont know about either of these points but i know my garage dont have ford IDS........
PREVIOUS POST READS ...... turn on ignition every thing fine with no lights flashing select Drive, 1st gear , no probs and as i accelerate sounds fine then it disengages correctly as if it is going to change up into 2nd but it just returns to 1st instead ,this is the point at which the gearbox light flashes on the instrument panel .
Dennsit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby evans88 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:57 am

My gut reaction is that its an oil problem but I know zilch about these gearboxes.

But I do know that on similar gearboxes the consistency of the oil is often the source of many problems. Some brand new Fiat auto boxes (Comfortmatic) are having the oil changed in order to solve a similar problem to the original poster.

If the vehicle runs perfectly after it has been warmed up I do not see how it can be an electrical problem so personally I would rule that out as being a less likely cause. It seems that as soon as the oil in the gearbox gets warmed up and gets THINNER everything is OK.

While clutch bleeding or a hydraulic problem is a possibility why does the vehicle run OK when it is warmed up? Or as a possibly daft suggestion what about changing the hydraulic fluid.

I would first try changing the oil again.
evans88
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby AndyG » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:35 pm

evans88 wrote:
I would first try changing the oil again.
For the correct type :wink:
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby Dennsit » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:04 pm

Andyg , i would assume that the garage would have put in the correct type but i will ask them to tell me what they used and then try to find out what should have been used ... any one on here Know ?
Dennsit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby AndyG » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:00 pm

Well I've learnt to never assume or even take their word for anything :roll: I'm afraid :(

Garages tend to bulk buy (quite normal) and you really don't know what exactly is in their vat :!:
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
AndyG
Site Admin

Postby Dennsit » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:38 pm

ANDYG, thanks for your help ,am going to take van back to my garage to check on the type of oil used is correct.Do you know if just changing the oil involves using IDS as my garage do not have IDS
Dennsit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits