*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

transit asm fault code P0919

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: transit asm fault code P0919

Postby Frag » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:36 pm

You really do need i.d.s/w.d.s to diagnose these....
Most service functions are controlled by it,learning clutch,learning touch point,learning transmission & any bleeding needed.
The hydraulic oil used to run clutch cylinder & shift mechanism is unique (£18 per litre i.i.r.c)

You may be able to flush hydraulic oil thru without ids but be careful,the hydraulic pump produces serious pressure :!: (pump primes system when you open drivers door)

Gearbox oil is same as standard manual (MT 75) transmission. 75W90.

There is a bleed nipple in top of motor/pump pack & one on clutch pack,i/w.d.s is required to do another "internal" bleed which doesn`t require any bleed nipples opening.....
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby evans88 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:30 am

To make sure the right oil is used I would go along to Ford's and buy it and ask your garage to put it in if you don't fancy doing it yourself. Or dare I say ask Ford to do it. That might be a better option in view of the above post which looks interesting and worth exploring.

Let us know what happens as there are a few of us running autos who are trying to learn as much about them as we can.
evans88
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Dennsit » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Will definately post any news i get from the garage but wont be taking it in for a couple of weeks because i think the vans behavior has slightly altered , maybe because the weather has got cold and the oil takes longer to warm up..... who knows ??? but i will definately post any info
Dennsit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dennsit » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Hello chaps ,i said i would get back to you in a couple of weeks after i had taken it to the garage ... well in me last post i mentioned that the symptoms were changing slightly and they did change ,its seems to be all o k.
Because i was a bit skint i did not book it in to the garage so in the last 2 weeks all i have done is drive about 300 miles
and apart from failing the odd time to change back into 3rd from 4th when engine is cold it is absolutely fine .
Maybe just driving it 1000 mile after oil change sorted it but if anything does change i will post news because i know there are a few ASM drivers who ,
like me follow all of the threads. many thanks
Dennsit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby evans88 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks. Still watching and still interested. Problems do not normally go away though unless its electrical but stranger things have happened. Could still be oil though. Good luck.
evans88
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby tractor » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:10 am

Hi I don't know if this thread is still being followed but here goes, My 04 transit with ASM gearbox is currently working fine, al beit with a few fault codes. The local Ford dealer has let me know someone before me has put auto trans fluid in it instead of the ford mineral oil. The ford dealer has told me this will stuff the seals in the auto shifter (it is already leaking a bit). His advice is to use it until it dies as changing the oil now will require resetting the gearbox peramiters which sometimes results in a complete failure if the auto changer seals are to far gone to allow it to reset to the factory presets. The local Ford dealers recomendations are to wait until it dies and then to remove the auto changer and convert the original gearbox to manual (by adding the gear lever, pedal etc,. and reprograming the computer to suit). Price given to fix the ASM (in New Zealand dollars) $14,000, to convert to manual $3,500 pluss new clutch pack if required $2,500. Does anyone know if the ASM controller can be rekitted with new seals? or does it indeed need a whole new unit? Any other ideas? My drivers door switch is also faulty but it is still primming the gearbox oil pump, it just doesn't turn on the interior light! (bulb is good). Thanks all.
tractor

Postby ossie cossie » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:34 pm

another ASM thread to keep an eye on.
ossie cossie
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:46 pm

I'm not being narky but....Do you realize that these threads you're bringing back are over 5 years old??...the people who wrote them may not even be around anymore.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ossie cossie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:54 am

Yes i know they are old threads but 5 years ago i did not have aN ASM transit. Also someone may have solved or got answers to the problems but not posted them. Also it helps me when i log in and i can go to my threads instead of having to search the whole site for the threads that are relevant to me and my transit.
ossie cossie
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:25 am

Fairynuff.. :wink:

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ossie cossie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:15 pm

No dramas.

What is i.d.s/w.d.s ? to diagnose these.... where can i get it?
ossie cossie
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:19 pm

ossie cossie wrote:No dramas.

What is i.d.s/w.d.s ? to diagnose these.... where can i get it?

This thread should get you into trouble.. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=155150 Am having a few dramas with my Mk7 van as you'll see in this thread and am trying to get it sorted using IDS & VCM-2.

IDS = Intergrated Diagnostic System, primarily used by Ford & Mazda, although Jaguar & Landrover also use a version of it.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits