*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Reconditioned engine, I need one

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Reconditioned engine, I need one

Postby belly » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 am

What's wrong with yours Gurj ? Does Transitgeoff not have a good lump ? :D
2013 VW Transporter swb T5.1GP T28 140ps Highline with extra toys.
belly
Kaiser Chief

Postby C & S direct » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:38 am

Why dont you try find a low mileage engine from a breaker I paid £825, 20,000 on it, with all the bits not a bare block worked perfect and came with warrenty, I do think that buying recon can be a bit dodgy if you cant find someone to recomend the guy who's done it

all the best Chris
C & S direct
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby b1jc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Some very good ideas but do please notice the dates before winterheating revived this thread from the grave :roll: :lol: :wink:

I reckon some of you lot have bits of this van on your mk7s if that's infact where the metal goes after weighing it in.
b1jc
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby b1jc » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:11 pm

C & S direct wrote:Why dont you try find a low mileage engine from a breaker I paid £825, 20,000 on it, with all the bits not a bare block worked perfect and came with warrenty, I do think that buying recon can be a bit dodgy if you cant find someone to recomend the guy who's done it

all the best Chris

I know you meant in general though not just me. You're let off :wink:
b1jc
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby winterheating » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:37 pm

b1jc wrote:Some very good ideas but do please notice the dates before winterheating revived this thread from the grave :roll: :lol: :wink:

I reckon some of you lot have bits of this van on your mk7s if that's infact where the metal goes after weighing it in.

ey .........it wasnt me. :lol:
winterheating
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby transit4life » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:28 pm

:idea: :idea: :idea: :arrow: Ive had a couple of these 2.4 tdci transits (jxfa) (phfa) over the years working as a plumber ... i got mine reconditioned at reconmyengine .com & 3 years previously bought one off the shelf @ enginesod both were good engines and safe options as i could use Paypal to protect my money......But be careful ...... once you find a good engine supplier your garage / mechanic has a major part to play here...... IF parts of your engine EXAMPLE ; turbo have caused the initial issue in the first place then a brand new engine will be effected by these parts too. Getting a couple of diagnosises from different garages maybe the first step to identify exactly what needs replacing before buying a recon engine that may later have the same issues
transit4life

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits