*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

bio diesel

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Postby Valsheda » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:31 pm

FredTransit wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:Biodiesel is a pain in the backside.

If the fuel has anything more than 5% biodiesel you'll void any warranty coverage on the fuel system...(if it has any remaining)

It has a nasty habit of gumming up the delicate workings of the pump and injectors.

Why? Surely biodiesel is the same as regular diesel, just made from different raw materials. It's routinely sold in France, wether you like it or not.

Is normal diesel not an option in France ? if this is the case how do their warrantys stand ?
Valsheda
Top Tourneo Owner

Postby MICKA404 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:01 pm

Thank you all for your time and very good advice,which i have taken on board and have gone back to useing normal diesel. for now.

regards mike
I ALWAYS PASS ON GOOD ADVICE. IT ISTHE ONLY THING TO DO WITH IT. IT IS NEVER ANY USE TO YOURSELF
MICKA404
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FredTransit » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:05 pm

Valsheda wrote:
FredTransit wrote:
Nighthawk wrote:Biodiesel is a pain in the backside.

If the fuel has anything more than 5% biodiesel you'll void any warranty coverage on the fuel system...(if it has any remaining)

It has a nasty habit of gumming up the delicate workings of the pump and injectors.

Why? Surely biodiesel is the same as regular diesel, just made from different raw materials. It's routinely sold in France, wether you like it or not.

Is normal diesel not an option in France ? if this is the case how do their warrantys stand ?

I was wondering that. Bio mix is very common there, but we have up to newgen engines so it doesn't bother us.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby motorwise » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:18 pm

MICKA404 wrote:Thank you all for your time and very good advice,which i have taken on board and have gone back to useing normal diesel. for now.

regards mike

very sensible choice :wink:
Ford Transit - Backbone Of Britain
http://www.motorwise.net
if you want to get on in life, its not what you know, its not who you know, its what you know about who you know
motorwise
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby transitgeoff » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:14 pm

the older pumps are a lot more tollerent and in my book better for an everyday working motor, the most tollerent of all the old lucas pumps, no refinement. shakey tickover but go on and on, the new pumps are agg :o
transitgeoff
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits