*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

oil in my water

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

oil in my water

Postby dieselpat » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:25 pm

hi folks checked my truck today for oil and water and to my horror exspanion tank has got feckin oil in it obviously head gasket gone tits up whats involved in doing head as ive never done 1 on this shape of tranny its a 350/90 and only done 66k i am totally pissed off any help would be most appreciated cheers pat
dieselpat
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MrMPuk » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:33 pm

Has it got an oil cooler?
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dieselpat » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:48 pm

MrMPuk wrote:Has it got an oil cooler?
dont really know wer would it be situated just checked cant really see any oil cooler but could be wrong
dieselpat
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby transitgeoff » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:27 pm

CALM DOWN :lol: like Mike says oil cooler, the bit the oil filter is attatched to, there known for mixing oil into the water, you will need a new one and a set of hoses and an industrial size box of bold or persil to clean it out with :)
transitgeoff
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dieselpat » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:31 pm

transitgeoff wrote:CALM DOWN :lol: like Mike says oil cooler, the bit the oil filter is attatched to, there known for mixing oil into the water, you will need a new one and a set of hoses and an industrial size box of bold or persil to clean it out with :)
is it quite a easy job,do you know how much a new one is and what hoses will i need thanks
dieselpat
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby transitgeoff » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:36 pm

all the hoses :cry: dont chance it as the oil attacks the rubber, as for cost :?: :?: phone your dealer :x job is quite strait forward :D
transitgeoff
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dieselpat » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:53 pm

transitgeoff wrote:all the hoses :cry: dont chance it as the oil attacks the rubber, as for cost :?: :?: phone your dealer :x job is quite strait forward :D
CHEERS GUYS i thought i was going to have a big job on my hands but thanks to ure superior knowledge you have saved the day and also saved my missus from a big wash as i have been shitting my pants all day since i found out this morning cheers and thanks again pat :D
dieselpat
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Nighthawk » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:31 pm

LOL, i love the way you say you thought you had a big job on

This is going to take you a whole day!

There is a Technical service bulletin on this, ask your local dealer if they'd mind printing a copy of it for you as it details the complete process from changing the cooler to flushing the oil residue out of the system.

A complete set of part numbers is also in it, which will ensure you get a right first time fix.
Transit.........Job done
Nighthawk
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Lee J » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:40 pm

but if it is the head then forget it. I was told Ford sell more replacement engines for these Mk6's than replacement heads. Therefore, I had a replacement engine at 85000
Transit Van - Gonna cost me a marriage if I'm not careful.
Lee J
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FredTransit » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:51 pm

Lee J wrote:but if it is the head then forget it. I was told Ford sell more replacement engines for these Mk6's than replacement heads. Therefore, I had a replacement engine at 85000

EIGHTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS???!!! :shock: Did you sell the house, or have the cash laying around down the back of the sofa?
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Postby MrMPuk » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:34 pm

FredTransit wrote:
Lee J wrote:but if it is the head then forget it. I was told Ford sell more replacement engines for these Mk6's than replacement heads. Therefore, I had a replacement engine at 85000

EIGHTY FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS???!!! :shock: Did you sell the house, or have the cash laying around down the back of the sofa?

85000 miles Fred!
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby FredTransit » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:06 pm

MrMPuk wrote:
FredTransit wrote:

85000 miles Fred!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits