*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Connect Mk2 - what single Ford passenger seats fit?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit Connect Mk2 - what single Ford passenger seats fit?

Postby Funrider » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Just bought a 2015 SWB Connect, Limited.

Its for a Surfer van conversion, so I need to remove the bulkhead, which means losing the twin front passenger head restraints and 3rd passenger seat upper seatbelt fixing.

I might make a plate to fix the n/s passenger seat headrest to the seat back, and just fold down the middle seat. I would prefer to convert to a single passenger seat van.

Advice please - anyone done this? What Ford single passenger seats fit ( ? from Tourneo van ?)

Am looking for a Mk2 connect van (single seat) that's being broken up, but only seeing lots ok Mk1's and don't know if Mk1 single passenger seats fit .. ;-(
Funrider

Re: Transit Connect Mk2 - what single Ford passenger seats f

Postby petercw » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Not sure if this will help - but I am looking to get a 2015 Tourneo Connect (passenger version of the Transit Connect) and would like to switch out the single passenger seat and install a dual one so that we can get three across the front.

So if you manage to do the opposite I'd be interested, or if anyone is looking for a single passenger seat that they would like to swap for their dual one that might work! I'm not sure how the mountings compare. Also the Tourneo Connect has cupholders next to the handbrake which I'm guessing aren't there in the Transit Connect?
petercw

Re: Transit Connect Mk2 - what single Ford passenger seats f

Postby Halolefish » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:39 pm

Funrider wrote:Just bought a 2015 SWB Connect, Limited.

Its for a Surfer van conversion, so I need to remove the bulkhead, which means losing the twin front passenger head restraints and 3rd passenger seat upper seatbelt fixing.

I might make a plate to fix the n/s passenger seat headrest to the seat back, and just fold down the middle seat. I would prefer to convert to a single passenger seat van.

Advice please - anyone done this? What Ford single passenger seats fit ( ? from Tourneo van ?)

Am looking for a Mk2 connect van (single seat) that's being broken up, but only seeing lots ok Mk1's and don't know if Mk1 single passenger seats fit .. ;-(

Hi did you make any progress with this? I’m looking to do exactly the same. Any help would be much appreciated
Halolefish

Return to Transit Connect