*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

My experiences with lowering a connect.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: My experiences with lowering a connect.

Postby connect_4 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:02 pm

g-man wrote:so...............if i wanted to lower the front by 30/35mm, is this possible with whats known already

I would say YES, using the Focus MK2 springs and standard Transit Connect top mounts and cup.

But this is where some "research" needs to be done and for someone to bite the bullit and try some lowering springs to see what drop they get, as i said the MK2 RS springs only lowered my van by 15mm BUT they are a lot stiffer than the Mk1 RS springs which lowered my van by 40mm even though the 2 spring lengths are the same.

I am trying to find out how much lower the MK2 RS Focus is than the standard MK2 focus so i can make a decision on which lowering springs to buy.

I was thinking of either -45mm or -30mm MK2 springs (not RS lowering springs) - bear with me until i get this sorted.

cheers

Andy
connect_4
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby valetech » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:31 pm

Just thinking, what about c-max springs ? May have I higher load rating than focus and work better on a connect.

Just an idea
molested by:

19s is how we roll
valetech
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby connect_4 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:14 pm

valetech wrote:Just thinking, what about c-max springs ? May have I higher load rating than focus and work better on a connect.

Just an idea

thought you were gonna "stay out of it", make your mind up, one minute you are slagging it off, next you are trying to stir it up.

just do what you said and STAY OUT OF IT.

Let me get on with this myself without your sarcy comments.
connect_4
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby keirv6 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:49 pm

well i have had mk1 rs spring and topmounts for well over a year and had no problems at all
connect_4 you are doing a great job with yours :D
keirv6
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby NikFrisbee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:09 pm

If you stop and think about it. When the first connects got lowered I believe that the mk2 focus wasn't made, hence why the mk1 RS springs got used after taken them out of a damaged RS FOCUS being the donar vehicle . The engine being the main goal, So its logical that the Mk1spring method was engineered to fit the connect. As time goes by and information is passed on, so it was the METHOD to be used. Now, Andy made a mistake getting the mk2 as this wasn't the preferred method, but luck has had it that it fits and with a lot less pissing about and has gone to great lengths in sharing his experience. BOTH METHODS WORK, OK Mk2 Method is only in theory to get a lower drop, but I see this has only been a matter of time.Well done mate.
220LX-110psTuningBox-PP Decat Pipe-LongLife SS Exhaust TwinTailPipe-K&N Filter-18'' STAlloys-Heated Screen/Mirrors-TOAD-Mk3MondyHandles-Zetec S SteeringWheel-BlackRearLights-RS FocusCenter Console-FactoryFittedFord SatNav/SportsVanFacia
NikFrisbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby connect_4 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:28 pm

keirv6 wrote:well i have had mk1 rs spring and topmounts for well over a year and had no problems at all
connect_4 you are doing a great job with yours :D

Thanks.... 8)

NikFrisbee wrote:If you stop and think about it. When the first connects got lowered I believe that the mk2 focus wasn't made, hence why the mk1 RS springs got used after taken them out of a damaged RS FOCUS being the donar vehicle . The engine being the main goal, So its logical that the Mk1spring method was engineered to fit the connect. As time goes by and information is passed on, so it was the METHOD to be used. Now, Andy made a mistake getting the mk2 as this wasn't the preferred method, but luck has had it that it fits and with a lot less pissing about and has gone to great lengths in sharing his experience. BOTH METHODS WORK, OK Mk2 Method is only in theory to get a lower drop, but I see this has only been a matter of time.Well done mate.

Cheers, i never set out to try to prove anything different, as you said it was just by accident that i bought some MK2 springs, however I WILL prove whether you can fit standard focus MK2 lowering springs to the van as an alternative to MK1 RS springs.

cheers

Andy
connect_4
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby van mann » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:05 pm

I still think my method is the best and all the others are unsafe and dangerous. :evil:

Only joking.The more methods that are out there,then the more choice people have.
Just to throw something into the mix,i changed some front springs on a mk3 mondeo the other day and they looked just the same as connect one (pigtail design).Some MONDEO ST ones might drop it enough to look o.k.

Think you have been judged unfairly with your design,keep at it and you may bring people round to your way of thinking.
I always like to go for the easiest and the cheapest way. :mrgreen:
van mann
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby GKandR4CH » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:24 am

To be honest I think his attitude stinks. If you cannot accept criticism or comments, but instead tell people to 'stay out of it', what does that show to other forum members especially newbies?
What's wrong with Vale's question? Nothing. The C Max has similar fitments compared with the Connect. Especially the brakes. Is his question not valid?
As Sir David Frost used to say, lets look at the evidence.
You come online with enthusiasm and explain your way (which is great) no pictures of the work, a blue van with blanked out number plate, copied pictures from other people's posts and Google. Is that really your van? Are you Tuug?
Yet still no actual detailed photographs of the work you have done.
This weekend will see big changes to the lowering of my van and I have every intention of sticking all the photographs on this forum to show how it's done. Of my van I should say!!
Come on Andy you cannot go round telling people to 'stay out of it' if you don't like their opinions / comments. A more intelligent response would have been to answer his question.
Read the forum rules
GKandR4CH
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby connect_4 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:53 am

MY attitude stinks ???

Look pal it was Valetech who doubted my integrity by saying i was "picking a fight" and he said that the rear of my van had weight added to make it look lower, he then realised that he was wrong, YOU wanted pictures, i said that i would supply them yesterday and i did so.

YOU TWO ( not me) seem to be in a "MY COCK IS BIGGER THAN YOUR COCK" competition, so you BOTH need to stay out of it if you can't stay nice.

YOUR crititism has proved unjustified, i have proven that it works, why csnt YOU accept that ?

NOTE : THE REASON FOR THE NUMBER PLATE BLANK IS THAT I DONT WANT MY NUMBER PLATE ON THE WEB FOR PEOPLE TO COPY, i dont want any parking fines thanks very much.

GROW UP SND LEAVE THIS THREAD ALONE.

WHO THE f*** IT TUGG ?!?!

Leave this thread alone, i am not tugg, my name is Andy, and you sir are a tool !!
connect_4
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby valetech » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:07 am

connect_4 wrote:MY attitude stinks

Look pal it was Valetech who doubted my integrity by saying i was "picking a fight" and he said that the rear of my van had weight added to make it look lower, he then realised that he was wrong, YOU wanted pictures, i said that i would supply them yesterday and i did so.

you tell me to stay out and then you drag in back in :twisted:

I HAVE NOT REALISED IM WRONG AT ALL.
molested by:

19s is how we roll
valetech
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby connect_4 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:17 am

valetech wrote:
connect_4 wrote:MY attitude stinks

you tell me to stay out and then you drag in back in :twisted:

I HAVE NOT REALISED IM WRONG AT ALL.

You both need to sit back and accept that i have answered all your questions snd crititisms and have actually shown that this method is viable, you and the other fella have been quite vocal with your disapproval of it, now you can see it works, accept it.

You doubted the rear of my van, you were wrong, you are also wrong about the MK2 springs.

Now please leave this thread alone so that i can carry on with it.

I will make no more reference to you or the other fella.

Thankyou

Andy (NOT TUGG).
connect_4
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby GKandR4CH » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:13 am

Excuse me?

Firstly, I think you are a complete and utter nutter.
Secondly, what cock competition? Where has this immature behaviour sprung up from? How old are you? It is crystal clear you do not like to be wrong. The slightest opinion that you do not agree with and you become abusive.
Thirdy, unless admin tell me to stop posting (Or a do a Tuug on me) then I will continue at my leisure when I see fit.
Fourthly, I have never said that the MK2 spring lowering will not work. I only gave opinions to it, which I think is what a forum is about.

If you don't like the opinions that other members suggest then you should not be on this forum. You are not the only person on this forum who may want to lower their vehicle.
I certainly am not picking on you. I wouldn't even lower myself to your abusive messages. Who the hell do you think you are?

Valetech has decided to lower his vehicle with the proven and verified MK1 route and you have decided to lower it with an alternative untested MK2 route that is new on the scene. What is the problem with that????

And what's all this nonsense about parking tickets? Do you think we have time to copy your numberplate (illegally I should point out) and stick it on Valetech's performance blue vehicle and park on double yellow lines to get you tickets?? Now who's the Tool?

Message to admin: Could you check to see if the member in question is related to Tuug by doing the relevant checks please?
Read the forum rules
GKandR4CH
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby connect_4 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Just leave this thread alone, no wonder people get confused.

Jesus, what does a guy need to do to get some peace.

This thread is about an alternative method to lower a connect NOT for you to argue.

So i ask again - LEAVE IT ALONE AND LET ME GET ON WITH IT.

Blanking a number plate out is sensible, ANYONE can browse this forum to collect plate numbers, IT DOES HAPPEN, ITS CALLED CLONING.
connect_4
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby GKandR4CH » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:09 pm

connect_4 wrote:Jesus, what does a guy need to do to get some peace.

Put some good photographs up??
I'm not arguing with you. I am giving you an opinion.
Dictionary definition of the word OPINION - A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Good luck with your lowering. I look forward to the step by step pictures etc.
Read the forum rules
GKandR4CH
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby connect_4 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Why do you need step by step pictures?

I've already put some pictures up on how the MK2 spring fits and i have also said that the MK2 spring is a straight swap for the Connect spring.

No need for step by step.

PLEASE stop going on sbout it now, i've asked numerous times that you stop ruining the thread, just let me get on with it.

Thankyou

Andy
connect_4
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Connect