*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

exterior door handle removal (how to)

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

exterior door handle removal (how to)

Postby valetech » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:29 pm

here is a guide on how to remove your exterior door handles.

front doors

door card removal:-
just remove the screws around the edge of the card
a couple of screws behind the grab handle
1 behind a little cap on the interior handle and just pull winder (if your not posh)
pull bottom of card out and lift up to release card from top rubber trim
if posh disconnect electric window switch and mirror.

barrel lock:-
you will need to remove the black plastic latch cover and the window runner (3 black 8mm bolts)
barrel lock is held in place by a C shape plate,you just slide it from the middle of the barrel and the door skin.now you need to put the key into the barrel lock and turn one way (not sure which)
push 2 pins on the side of the barrel lock.now turn the other way this will release the lock from the latch mech and can now be removed from door.

latch mech:-
3 torx screws on the side of the door
there is also a small bar from the exterior handle to the latch mech,release the green clip and the bar will come away,now just lower the mech down into the door.

exterior handle:-
you can now get to the torx screw holding the small exterior trim
you can now remove the trim next to the handle,do this from the end closest to the handle as the other end as a little hook (so open it like a door)
now slide the handle then pull

rear doors
are the same as the front,to remove the panel use a trim tool or a large flathead.

sliding door
remove the trim same as the rear doors.
buy now you have a very good idea where the screw holding the exterior trim is,but basiclly its the sam as the other doors.

**PLEASE NOTE WHEN REFITTING MAKE SURE THE HOOK PART OF HANDLE IS RIGHT WITH THE BAR IN THE DOOR**i push the bar/lever towards the door skin (inside)and slide the handle back into place
molested by:

19s is how we roll
valetech
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: exterior door handle removal (how to)

Postby donads » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:46 pm

Help please!. I have followed instructions up to removing barrel. I can't see a circlip nor the 2 places you are meant to press, Are thy on the casting behind where the clip fits ? What do they look like please?? Don't understand bit about turning the key as nothing seems to move other than internal bits Mine is 2007 Connect
donads

Postby LeeH » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:05 pm

How did I end up here? :roll:
LeeH
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby karl » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:27 pm

donads wrote:Help please!. I have followed instructions up to removing barrel. I can't see a circlip nor the 2 places you are meant to press, Are thy on the casting behind where the clip fits ? What do they look like please?? Don't understand bit about turning the key as nothing seems to move other than internal bits Mine is 2007 Connect

this was one of my jobs a few months ago

https://www.facebook.com/www.automotive ... =3&theater

had to cut the f*** off
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Transit Connect