*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Another subwoofer thread..... sorry guys

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Another subwoofer thread..... sorry guys

Postby Dewhurst » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:52 am

I know ive already posted a thread on sub options, (tell me to piss off if im annoying you all) Ripping hairs out now need some bass, does anyone on here have a sub in the back of their connect and a steel bulkhead? Dont know whether it woild be worth it as surely the solid bulkhead would create a barrier from the back to the inside the cab? Tar in advance, only other thing I can do is stick a couple of underseat subs in but its an expensive ball ache :(
Dewhurst
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Another subwoofer thread..... sorry guys

Postby sitdownsurfer » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:00 am

Hi mate,
I personally don't have a bulkhead with my sub. But I have seen it done. Cut a hole in the bulkhead and mount it facing forward. Alhough I don't know how rigid the bulkhead would be for it?
sitdownsurfer
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby gt_addict » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:40 am

The bottom half of the bulk head is pretty sturdy. Cover the whole thing in a dynamat kind of material and you'll be fine.

I've got a steel bulkhead and have fitted a pioneer TS-WX77A, flat sub on it behind the seats. Gives enough bass to make it more enjoyable to listen to, but not like the proper 12" band pass box I used to have when I had a car.

It was the easiest option as I have an under seat safe and couldn't afford to lose space in the back.
gt_addict
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby Dewhurst » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:19 am

Cheers for the replies guys didnt even consider poking a sub through a hole in the bulkhead thats a good option, just get a shallow box so it doesnt take much room up in the back
Dewhurst
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Harland292 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:55 pm

Metal bulkhead and sub woofer, god no wouldn't that rattle like mad!...

I can build you a sub box to your dimensions that will fit under the drivers seat dependant on the depth of your sub.. Would come all carpeted ready to just screw your sub in and connect up..
Harland292
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dewhurst » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:20 pm

Harland292 wrote:Metal bulkhead and sub woofer, god no wouldn't that rattle like mad!...

I can build you a sub box to your dimensions that will fit under the drivers seat dependant on the depth of your sub.. Would come all carpeted ready to just screw your sub in and connect up..

Got rid of the bulkhead decided to turn it into a fully blown campervan now crazy as it sounds, sub is placed with the speaker facing the back of my seat but there is loads of port noise its driving me mad, think I need a sealed box, tryed plugging mine and it bottomed out once when I cranked it up!
Dewhurst
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby gt_addict » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Ported boxes and sealed boxes generally have different cubic foot dimensions. Maybe that's why it didn't sound right?
gt_addict
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby Dewhurst » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:44 pm

gt_addict wrote:Ported boxes and sealed boxes generally have different cubic foot dimensions. Maybe that's why it didn't sound right?

Yeah I dont think the box is right for the sub, the air rushing in and out makes an annoying noise, when I out ny hand over the port it soubds so much boomier and nicer, all I can think of is that when I bunged the port hole up there was to much air pressure behind the speaker causing it to bottom out, thinking of getting someone to make me a sealed box with the correct amount of airspace, the bass just seems tighter and more accurate to me
Dewhurst
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Harland292 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:03 pm

Sounds awesome

Harland292
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mrtn » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 pm

b00yakah!