*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Airbag Question

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Airbag Question

Postby Graham Taylor » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Would Replacing a 2 stage airbag with a single stage cause the light to come on?. Light was coming on due to me trying to fit the Mondeo steering wheel, if so would clearing the error codes sort it?
Graham Taylor
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Airbag Question

Postby paul2012 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:01 am

If van was originally fitted with a 2 stage airbag. which has been replaced for a single stage.

Then yes airbag light will remain on, eEen after DTC's have been cleared 1 will remain for airbag.
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Graham Taylor » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:05 pm

Just tried fitting a new loom but the one I now have the connectors are Black & Green instead of Black & Brown. I checked the wires and seem to go into the yellow plug as the original did but airbag light continues to come on, would clearing the codes sort this?
Graham Taylor
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby paul2012 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Graham Taylor wrote:Just tried fitting a new loom but the one I now have the connectors are Black & Green instead of Black & Brown. I checked the wires and seem to go into the yellow plug as the original did but airbag light continues to come on, would clearing the codes sort this?

Check DTC's & clear them.
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Graham Taylor » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Got a S/H loom of a scrapped Fiesta mk6 which fitted the airbag but couldnt clear the error codes or stop the airbag light coming on. Tried another airbag also off a mk6 Fiesta also had the green plug but same. In the end had to buy a new loom from Fords as nothing on ebay but made sure I got the one with black & yellow plugs and now all good. So although the Fiesta mk6 steering wheel fits and the airbag looks identical either it or the wiring is somehow different.

All this had resulting in trying to fit the Mondeo mk3 steering wheel but couldnt get the airbag light out. This was in spite of following instructions from those who claim to have done this and advice from others with wiring diagrams etc. IMO it cant be done as the airbag light remains on.................................... unless someone can prove otherwise!
Graham Taylor
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Transit Connect