*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Esp malfunction and won't start.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Esp malfunction and won't start.

Postby Notrannyboy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi all I have a transit connect 2010. Went out today and it won't start, feels like flat battery also it says on the dash ESP malfunction. Now it was due to go into garage on Friday for a back brake check as although the pads seem fine it was grinding when braking. Would this have anything to do with the esp light coming on. Also would the esp light have anything to do with it not starting or would it just be coincidental and the battery being flat is just another problem thanks hope you can help.
Notrannyboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Esp malfunction and won't start.

Postby Notrannyboy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi again I was advised by the guy in garage where it will be going to get the brakes looked at to try and either bump start it or jump it. Will jumping damage these new engines.
Notrannyboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Notrannyboy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Notrannyboy wrote:Hi again I was advised by the guy in garage where it will be going to get the brakes looked at to try and either bump start it or jump it. Will jumping damage these new engines.

Got it going on a jump. Esp now working so it must have been the low battery power making it fail. Will have to investigate what caused the battery to go flat. Strange that it should just be flat when I had no warning of it.
Notrannyboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby paul2012 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:09 pm

Notrannyboy wrote:
Notrannyboy wrote:Hi again I was advised by the guy in garage where it will be going to get the brakes looked at to try and either bump start it or jump it. Will jumping damage these new engines.

Got it going on a jump. Esp now working so it must have been the low battery power making it fail. Will have to investigate what caused the battery to go flat. Strange that it should just be flat when I had no warning of it.

Did you get DTC's read :?:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Notrannyboy » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Both ford and an independent said they could not be sure a diagnostic would show up any results. Ford want about £100 to hook one up so I'm a bit reluctant to do it. Will have to speak to them again as not sure if I would need to pay if no faults found. The man in the ford garage said red light flashing once was normal but it's the chiming 6 times before start up that I would like to know what it means..
Notrannyboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect