*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

P0490 EGR Limp home Mode

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: P0490 EGR Limp home Mode

Postby flstf » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Just spoke to a local firm who buy ex national grid vans.
They said they have done a number of euro 4 engines using the solid blanking plate and none have come back as of yet.
I have done mine and can confirm it drives great, the differance is very noticable.Those who say it doesnt work, have you actually tried it??
If so i must be just lucky. Anyone with the same problem give it a go, you have nothing to loose.
flstf
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby flstf » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:23 pm

FAO liteace

Should have mentioned i did read that link a few days ago thats how i found the seller bertye1958 who i bought the blanking plate from.

flstf
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby liteace » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:27 pm

flstf wrote:Just spoke to a local firm who buy ex national grid vans.
They said they have done a number of euro 4 engines using the solid blanking plate and none have come back as of yet.
I have done mine and can confirm it drives great, the differance is very noticable..................... Those who say it doesnt work, have you actually tried it??

That'll be Mr BGBSFMT

:lol:

as you say always worth a go, cant make it any worse
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Boghopper » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:09 am

EGR actuator may not be closing EGR valve. Essentially starving it of clean air :wink:
Normally associated with DTC P0490 Exhaust Gas Recirculation "A" Control Circuit High

By blanking it off, will allow you to drive. BUT still flag a relevant DTC for fault.

So, what you are saying here is the fault code will only stop occuring if the actuator is replaced? It is the actuator throwing up this P0489 code all the time? I am going to blank my EGR off on my '56 plate TDCi, I have had the fault light on for 3 years giving me either P0489, or PO490. Anyway, if I replace the actuator with a new one before blanking the EGR, will that stop this stupid blody light harassing me for years on end?

Cheers.
Boghopper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby paul2012 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 am

Boghopper wrote:
EGR actuator may not be closing EGR valve. Essentially starving it of clean air :wink:
Normally associated with DTC P0490 Exhaust Gas Recirculation "A" Control Circuit High

By blanking it off, will allow you to drive. BUT still flag a relevant DTC for fault.

So, what you are saying here is the fault code will only stop occuring if the actuator is replaced? It is the actuator throwing up this P0489 code all the time? I am going to blank my EGR off on my '56 plate TDCi, I have had the fault light on for 3 years giving me either P0489, or PO490. Anyway, if I replace the actuator with a new one before blanking the EGR, will that stop this stupid blody light harassing me for years on end?

Cheers.

Yes if actuator is faulty replace it & clear DTC's MIL light will then turn off. Although EGR valve actuator for 2006-2013 Connects are not available separately from Ford.

I would advise blanking EGR valves now, Due to new MOT rules pending. Which will prohibit tampering with EGR valves as they form part of emission control systems.
When new MOT rules are implemented - Any EGR valve that has been tampered with e.g blanking plate or has been physically been removed & mapped out of PCM will be an automatic MOT refusal :!:

For starters....
***Diesel emission tests are changing as of 20 MAY 2018. Diesel emissions will be tested against the vehicle manufacturers emission limit***.
Of which manufacturer emission limit is stated on Vin label attached N/S "B" pillar on all Connects :idea:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby paul2012 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:30 am

Info on new MOT rules posted here :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=184386&p=1579612#p1579612 :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Kenton » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:55 am

Thanks Paul! Interesting reading.
2005 T230 LX 90 TDCi LWB
ST 17" alloys
Focus ST170 seats
Fiesta Zetec S/W & G/K
Mondeo Inner Door handles & vents
Sport spoiler
Blacked h/lights
Side bars
Facelift rear lights
Lined/carpeted
Lowered on Gaz kit
110 intercooler
De-Cat
Remapped
Kenton
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Boghopper » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:22 am

Cheers, that's what I wanted to know. I have purchased an aftermarket EGR actuator to try and get rid of the MIL light. I will also blank my EGR off. Those commies are really clamping down on everything. Soon, it will be pointless even bothering getting out of bed there is are many rules for everything. They lied to the populace and forced them onto diesels, now we have taken the bait they are coming down on us like a ton of bricks.

I will just remove the plate for the M.O.T. it is only a two minute job. As soon as the politicised test is over I shall put it back in.
Boghopper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Freddd » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:28 pm

same code on mineused egr cleaner, no result.
Took it appart to clean it and tge bit that connects the motor to the valve was broken
Freddd

Previous

Return to Transit Connect