*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Plasti Dip

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Plasti Dip

Postby JEGIER » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Has anyone ever used plasti dip? Thinking of buying some and spraying some interior bits but not sure what bits to spray or whether or not it would work on the textured interior of the connect
JEGIER
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Plasti Dip

Postby nigel57 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:27 pm

It does work but it rubs off easy.. Its ok for outside use as long as your local wash uses very soft cloths to wash your van... A guy sprayed his bonnet with the red coloured one and the wash guys had it peeling off after 4 visits as the cleaning fluid they use is very harsh and thier wash mittens caused circle patterns to appear and it was at bthe edges of these patterns that it started to peel off...
nigel57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby JEGIER » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:20 pm

nigel57 wrote:It does work but it rubs off easy.. Its ok for outside use as long as your local wash uses very soft cloths to wash your van... A guy sprayed his bonnet with the red coloured one and the wash guys had it peeling off after 4 visits as the cleaning fluid they use is very harsh and thier wash mittens caused circle patterns to appear and it was at bthe edges of these patterns that it started to peel off...

I was thinking of interior parts
JEGIER
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby nigel57 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Thats what I was on about the slightest knock or rub and it starts to peel off... There might be a sealer out there that would protect it but then you might as well get a decent wool carpet and carpet everything..
nigel57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby redleo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:41 pm

I have used the spray before and as above it has peeled after time.I wouldn't use it again.

I've also used the pot which you can dip items into which i found was good.
redleo

Postby JEGIER » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:11 am

Ok cheers for the heads up :D
JEGIER
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect