*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

emissions for MOT

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: emissions for MOT

Postby paul2012 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:07 pm

nigel57 wrote:codes read by nice man with a code reader ( after a new battery was fitted ) as it couldnt read any thing so he tried a battery tester on the battery and the amps dropped from 65 to 26 when he pushed the surge button.
the egr valve is the cause of all the other faults according to the guy as he used to work for FRAUDS.. he cleared all the codes then revved the nuts off it and checked the codes again and the result was egr followed by other systems which are affected by the egr not working properly.. a new one from FRAUDS or removal and cleaning which might not last... £0000000000000000.00 finances at the moment so everything will have to wait till that is corrected.. times are hard even the pidgeons have begging bowls in the town center...

What DTC's (Error codes) where stored :?:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby karl » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:38 pm

buy older vehicles :lol: they don't come into the emission test

we have a c reg volvo fl6 and it smokes like a chimney can they fail it no ever year they try when it goes for a heavy good MOT ,we were hoping to paint her this year but weather has turned :(
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby paul2012 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Lefty64 wrote:
In other words, don't buy any '08 plated Connect (Euro 5 - compulsory DPF) or hanker after one of the new style crappy 2014 Connects. New LCV's have to match current car standards, and be Euro 6 from Sept next year so the MOT is going to get tougher still.

If and when Ford decide to fit the 1.6L Ecoboost (which is fitted in the Connect Tourneo) to the Connect Van I'll be first in the queue. I'm sticking to Euro 4 without DPF, and will be buying petrol-engined vans when mine packs up. If not Ford then there's a new model VW Caddy on the horizon :wink:

I agree a lot tougher on emissions for MOT's from 2017.
New emission will involve smoke opacity limit will ne 0.50m1 & NOx (nitrogen oxide) limits set for Euro 5/6 engines

New test will check to see if DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) or cDPF (Catalyzed Diesel Particulate Filter) is working for smoke opacity limit
EGR / SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) systems are working correctly for NOx limits
Both will comprise of a visual check for tampering, if suspected or limits are exceeded. Then the use of a OBD device to check PCM data against vehicle manufactures data.

Current MOT rule is visual check for CAT's & DPF/cDPF. Where people have knocked in the inners out of a DPF / cDPF (DPF delete) leaving casing in place.
That loophole will be closed as new test will check to see if they are operational. That also means EGR valve blanking will be a thing of the past too as that effects NOx emissions...
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby nigel57 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:46 am

I am not the expert paul2012 I didnt see the codes the ex frauds man read them and told me what was wrong... He should know what he is on about dont you think an I havent £50.00 to splash out on another check somewhere else either..

Will be doing the egr check as per the man on U TUBE does to see how bad it is.. Will see how that goes an let you know...
nigel57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby nigel57 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Well it was full of soot and no signs of it having been moving in the soot it was packed with... The dumb bell sysytem was as free as a bird but the shaft it is attatched too was all sooted up. Cleaned the whole lot with carb cleaner rather than brake clutch cleaner as I think that stuff is a bit aggresive.. Will now give it a good run up the motorway and see what comes out the back..
nigel57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby nigel57 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Well went out and got on the carriage way. The cog light with the ! in the middle was comming on whenever the engine was revved to 2500rpm and as soon as the revs were loweer with a gear change then it would go out again.. Called in at a garage that is run by the ex holloways ford mechanics and the end result is the EGR is goosed no point cleaning and refitting and there is a update for the tuning of the engine which will improve things even more at a cost of £45.00....
More expense just to keep things right..
nigel57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby nigel57 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Took both wishbones off today what a pig... Bushes on the nearside rear and offside rear have collapsed as the cabs not going anywhere.. The wishbones were clunking as they were bottoming out on the engine bed and giving a very funny feel at the steering wheel on hard or soft acceleration... Turning corners either left or right was really noisy from both sides.. looking at the engine bed there is a good bit of paint off after a short while just where the rear bush is suposed to keep the wishbone higher..
Will get the bushes fitted to the wishbones tomorrow as they are bush free at the moment... Next time they go I think I will just pay for someone else to fix them...
nigel57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby nigel57 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Bushes now in place now going to use the wynnes to clean the egr first then take it for a run then get it checked tomorrow for the emmisions... Then go from there..
nigel57
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Transit Connect