*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

SYNC on 2014 Transit Connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

SYNC on 2014 Transit Connect

Postby koopah » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi all,

Am new to the forum, however wanted to post this up in case it helps others.
Last week I picked up a new Transit Connect - really pleased with it. Limited edition, 115ps with the new ICE pack 7 for navigation and rear parking camera. Drives really well and is basically a brand new focus inside.

SYNC works well with my iPhone 5, voice commands are fine even on the motorway. Am yet to try the Applink stuff, although have downloaded a few bits that are apparently compatible (hoping Cyclops speed camera alerts is as good as it reads).

However... I have an iPod connected to the USB port under the middle passenger seat which after a day or so of working perfectly fine, stopped being recognised by SYNC. From that point nothing worked via USB.
Flew by the dealer the other day and they just said to me "It's probably your iPod mate, but book it in and we will take a look"... the iPod works fine in my car.

As a new vehicle there is nothing around on the net however older versions of SYNC have been known to do this, especially if you use a cheapo iPod cable which I was. Apparently there is a constantly high amount of data transferred over it so if it's shoddy and data is lost, the system just crashes and wont recover. A master reset of SYNC via the menu does not fix the problem, however if you take the fuse out and put it back in it all starts working and doesn't lose any settings (Bluetooth being the main thing I thought would clear, but it's all still there).

The fuse is in the passenger footwell, you need to remove the cloth trim just below the glove box (two of those annoying plastic plugs where you ping the middle bit out whilst trying not to snap them... if Ford have a tool for them I must find it!) and you will expose one of the fuse boxes. SYNC uses F67, a 7.5A fuse three down in the second column - check the manual (pg 163) to make sure you understand where that is if you have the same problem.

I've now replaced the cable with the original Apple one so fingers crossed it doesn't happen again. If it does, I'll get it booked in to the dealer to take a look. It's a shame you can't update the SYNC software yourself, it looks like you can in the US - hopefully they do that as a matter of course during a service, I bet they don't unless you report a problem with it though.

Apologies if this is already well documented on here, I had a brief scan round and couldn't find anything.

Cheers,
Dan.
koopah

Re: SYNC on 2014 Transit Connect

Postby g-man » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:19 am

welcome m8y :) .........good info........put a couple of pics up
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Lefty64 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:12 pm

The Owner manual for the Connect has now doubled in size from 149 in 2007 to 308 pages on this year's model.

The link to the Ford website is below for those who've bought secondhand models, as there are still more than a few who need help with basic functions - like working the 6000CD radio and such.

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/Owners-Manual?selectedYear=2014&selectedModel=Transit+Connect+%282013%29

The Audio, SYNC, and Navigation instructions amount to 90-plus pages on the latest offering. Thank God I only have to cope with a basic van without any comms. :roll:
2007 T230LX LWB (110PS) with aircon.

Vans are designed for people with imagination. Cars are so limiting ... what can you do with them?
Lefty64
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Postman Pat » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:03 am

While we're on, does anyone know how or if it's possible to jack up the Bluetooth phone volume? Just (finally!) picked up my T240 115PS Ltd. and the only way I can find to make the phone audible is to turn up the master volume each time, which then results in me being deafened by the music when the phone call ends!
Connect-ed since 2003... now in a 2014 T240 115PS Ltd.
Postman Pat
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect