*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2009 1.8 transit fuel issues please help

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2009 1.8 transit fuel issues please help

Postby farriervan2390 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:10 pm

im running a 59 plate transit connect trend 90hp, a few months ago I blanked the egr off and noticed no difference so removed the blank but the egr then had a leak where the blank was which after a few miles burnt through the main fuel line from the filter to the pump causing a break down, I changed the line but in doing so the union between the line and pump broke off meaning every time I bled the system the van would run for a few seconds and stop due to air getting in, so I had to put a pump on, I fitted a pump that was of a focus and had been refurbed before going on to the car so was a runner, the van now runs but is suffering from low rail pressure according to the obd, I've checked the obvious stuff such as filter which I changed and the rest of the lines seem alright, the plastic clip between the pump and the line is missing but I have sealed it using zip ties( sounds rough but its really not promise) so now the van will accelerate slowly but if too much input from the pedal is applied it splutters and smokes, im alright with fitting but the internals of fuel pumps are lost on me does anyone know weather the pressure regulator thing on the side of the pump could have anything to do with it or can a pump be retarded in any way??? also ive checked the timing and its all good, I want to explore every option before I shell out for a new pump and the half day it takes me to change one, any help is much appreciated thankyou, James :?
farriervan2390
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2009 1.8 transit fuel issues please help

Postby gt_addict » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:00 pm

I'm not sure but I think you need to program the oump to the ECU.
gt_addict
Remapped by Vantuner

Re: 2009 1.8 transit fuel issues please help

Postby farriervan2390 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:12 am

Thanks for that ill look into it
farriervan2390
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect