*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fan Heater Has Very Low Pressure...

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Fan Heater Has Very Low Pressure...

Postby FordConnect2014 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:50 am

So I bought a van that was missing the fan. I bought a swcond habd one of eBay an then had the only blowing at one speed problem so I changed the resistor. It now works on all speeds. The only thing is when its on 4 the blowing pressure seems quite low to what im sure.it should be. The fan sounds like its blowing alot harder then what is coming out the vents. Obv with it now gettin real cold and windows freezin up the better the blow the faster my scree will clear. Does anyone known what this might be?
FordConnect2014
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Fan Heater Has Very Low Pressure...

Postby doebag » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:56 am

If the fan sounds like it is working hard, it could be a partial blockage.

Have a look at the pollen filter on the nearsde scuttle under the bonnet. Take it out and see if the air flow improves.
doebag
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby gt_addict » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:38 pm

As already said, replace the pollen filter. I did mine when I first got the van three years ago and I'd get slight airflow into the cabin without the blower even on whilst driving.
gt_addict
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby FordConnect2014 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:01 pm

Perfect guys thanks alot. Luckily iv fully kitted myself up with a full service kit of oils and filters. Iv just been waiting for a half decent time to do it all. But that makes perfect sense. Ill replace my pollen filter tomo. Is a nightmare driving ariund with windows steamed up. Thanks again, u guys never let me down :)
FordConnect2014
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect