*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

transit connect 2012 missfire

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

transit connect 2012 missfire

Postby kaibart » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Hi all just woundering if anyone can give me any advice where the main dealer should be looking to fix a intermittent missfire i have on my 2012 tdci connect.
They have changed the fuel filter twice, 4 new injectors have been changed and all the pipes going to the injectors have been changed and they still can't find the problem 18 months down the line :( I have the fault every single time I drive the van but the garage still fails to pick it up,I have recently noticed that when the engine reaches half way on the temprature the fault happens easier or when it is very cold outside temprature, normally happens when the shift light indicator comes on and when your lit footed on the accelorater pedal. any adice would be greatful

cheers Kai
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: transit connect 2012 missfire

Postby g-man » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:36 pm

i'd be lookin at the egr........what fault codes has it shown?
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby kaibart » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:54 pm

thats the problem it isn't showing any have sugested that to them ages ago and they found the injectors where faulty
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby paul2012 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:02 pm

Have they done a PCM calibration update :?:

There is one available...
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby taz666 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:11 pm

the dealer needs to get ford technical involved and possibly get a field engineer out to come and assess the van with you
taz666
Ford Technician

Postby kaibart » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:52 pm

I have spoken to ford technical my self and they told me that the engineer should be out in the van with me problem is they only seem to have 1 trained engineer for the vans and when I explained the problem to technical they told me that the garage should be looking at a sensor at the bottom of the engine told garage this still drove van for a week to redevelop fault which they have had 3 times this is the 3rd garage I have tried and the only 1 that has found a problem. Ford customer relationship centre is a total waste of time they just tell you what the garage tells you and do nothing to sort out the problem.
The van has had a update to the pcm a month after I purchased it. Also I think there is a problem with the hill assist the brakes bind on I have recently had the hand brake adjusted to but I have hired a Swb transit and the hill assist worked fine on that.
Have even wrote a letter to the MD Mark Ovenden to which I get the customer relationship centre responding to total waste of time.
This is the 3 connect I have owned the only one I bought from the main dealer and the only one I have had problems With
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby g-man » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:48 pm

its this shite service from some dealers that spoils it for the good ones :roll:
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby kaibart » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:56 am

After the van being in the garage this Tuesday they finally admitted they can't fix the problem and they have to have a head engineer from ford technical to come and try and find the problem.they said they don't know when he's in the area so could be waiting for a few weeks,they have however agreed to lend me a van for a day that's unbelievable as I've only been asking for this for over a 12 month have to wait and see what happens now.
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kaibart » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:06 am

After all this time and having a veils engineer from ford technical they have decided to change the egr value so the to most common faults of a misfire has taken them 18 months to try and put right service from main dealers suck trained engineers if the computer doesn't tell them that's wrong they haven't got a clue where to look they should be called appreciates
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby g-man » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:38 pm

tell em to look in on here when they're fcuked :lol: .........let us know how u get on :wink:
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby karl » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:41 pm

kaibart wrote:After all this time and having a veils engineer from ford technical they have decided to change the egr value so the to most common faults of a misfire has taken them 18 months to try and put right service from main dealers suck trained engineers if the computer doesn't tell them that's wrong they haven't got a clue where to look they should be called appreciates

:lol: :lol:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby kaibart » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:19 am

The van was in the ford garage on the 21st January this week for a egr value to be replaced which the workshop manager said the engineer need 4 hours to do so I expected to pick my van up the same day oh no no phone call I called them said they would call me back no phone call I phoned back as I had work booked in for the next day and they told me that my van was still up on the ramp I had to go to the garage to collect some of my tools hoping I could get a hire van. The garage phoned yesterday and lone and behold the egr value they fitted didn't cure the misfire. I have said all along I think that the ecu obd computer is faulty but they still persist on doing nothing and not listening to the customer as I drive the van more than anyone else and I should know what's wrong with it.
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby lightning » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:34 pm

I have had this problem with a car, seemingly unfixable faults where "no fault codes come up"
My Connect bought new in 2008 had several minor running issues which were never sorted in 80,000 miles and six years.

It had a little lurch of acceleration at 2500rpm, the power output was not always 100%, it self revved up and down when reversing, and it stumbled on a light throttle at 1600-1800rpm
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby kaibart » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:17 pm

Had my van back today after the field engineers 2nd visit and lone and behold the total load of rubbish they have palmed me off with there has been nothing wrong with the van for 18 months of me complaining they are trying to tell me It is the engine moving slightly what a load of crap :oops:
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kaibart » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:41 am

The 19th of this month I decided to take the van to another dealer for a 2nd opinon so I ask for a engineer to come on a test drive, this garage only works on vans by the way. A senior master tech came out and test drove the van with me and explained there was nothing wrong with the van as he thought that it was the gearbox slowing the engine done more of an explanation,he also said he would plug his laptop in to see if any fault codes where showing he did so and 2 faults with injectors 2 and 3, which he suspected the other garage hadn't cleared off,also he pointed out the EGR valve that they said they had changed only for 1 part of it to look shinney brand new there it bolts on and the other part to look old and used when I questioned the garage about it they said that the Ford Enigineer worked on it last and his say is final as he is not customer facing wount speak to me they are hiding behind him for the bad workmanship they have carried out on me van :oops:
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Next

Return to Transit Connect