*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Turbo pipe isolator mount.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Turbo pipe isolator mount.

Postby Mad Monk » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:11 pm

Happy New Year, gentlemen!

These days I acquired a 110ps '07 Tourneo. Do they normally vibrate at tick-over (760-775 rpm)? Otherwise its very smooth.

The rubber isolator mount fixed to the steel turbo boost/rocker box cover on the near side turbo/intercooler feed has now broken twice. Any suggestions for a cause or a fix?

I have replaced both recently including the front one which fits on a bracket mounted to the block by the oil separator.

They are rather expensive....but strangely enough its cheaper to buy the (same) rubber isolator block with the front mounting bracket than without.

Otherwise, the chart on the glove box fuseboard does not match the fuse layout; the chart has three rows of twelve fuses but the board has three rows of eleven.

Does anybody have the correct chart and can you send me a photo?
'There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know’.

" The wise can learn even from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from the wise."
Mad Monk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Turbo pipe isolator mount.

Postby g-man » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:29 pm

mines same but no probs with mounts yet and ticks over at about 850 and not lumpy-haynes shows 3 x 11 fuses
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mad Monk » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Thanks, G-man, but as far as I can make out, the Haynes stuff is all about later models with a GEM. It does not have a GEM. ( I'm told)

850?? is that fast or is mine slow?

Or is the tacho off? The turbo kicks in around 1500 on the dial.

Although thrown together in 2007, mine was originally a dealership demonstrator it seems cobbled up out of spare bits and pieces.

For example Facelift bonnet and Mark 1 dash....A/C and Heated back windows but standard windscreen, although the heated windscreen connectors are there where they should be.

Aftermarket window winders.

N/S back door has Mark 1 cable conduits, O/S has Mark 2.

Any other ideas? Anybody?
'There are none so blind as those who will not see. The most deluded people are those who choose to ignore what they already know’.

" The wise can learn even from a fool, but a fool cannot learn even from the wise."
Mad Monk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby paul2012 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:50 pm

2003-2006 Connects dash colour is grey, same colour as door cards.
Centre heater control panel is for 1.5 din stereo head units.
Ford badge on front bonnet with Euro 3 TDDI & TDCI engines

2006-2009 Connects dash colour is dark pewter, same colour as door cards.
Centre heater control panel is for double din stereo head units.
Ford badge on front grille with Euro 4 TDCI engines.

Haynes manual covers more on 2009-2013 Connects.
Connects from 2009-2013 where given another facelift - again different front bumper with combined front grille.
New complete dash & a host of upgrades like ABS/ESP hill start assist, auto wipers/Lights etc. They are also equipped with GEM modules, where pre 2009 models don't.

NOTE:- Rear heated screen button is also used for heated wing mirrors if fitted. :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mad Monk » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:51 pm

Thank you Paul, so there's two facelifts....

Have you any ideas about why the turbo pipe isolater mount busting (three times now) or the fuse box lay-out which are the real questions?

Mad Monk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby John235 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:06 am

Mine broke this mount about three times, so I modified it. Take out the rubber from the broken mounting, and simply drill a hole down the middle. Use a long M6 bolt straight through to attach to the rocker box.
John235
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mad Monk » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:06 am

Ok, thanks, but I don't see a need for drilling anything, please explain whats to drill??

I can see that you could just take out the rubber bit which has a male thread both sides and substitute a bolt with a couple of nuts?

How long has it lasted, anyhow?

Mad Monk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby John235 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:50 am

Sorry, I was not too clear. Drill a hole through the old rubber section to use it as a spacer. This holds the pipe in the right position.
John235
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mad Monk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Thanks.

My spacers have split "diagonally", not seperated from the metal parts, therfore impossible to use that way.

However I cobbled together a solution with nuts and washers; I will try and post a photo.

:D

Mad Monk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby g-man » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:00 am

its the bracket on the pipe that usually gives
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mad Monk » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:40 am

Probably will do, now I've made it a "rigid" mount.... :roll:

Watch this space. :shock:

Mad Monk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mad Monk » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:23 am

Here it is then, doing fine (so far).

I cut the bolt to exact length in order to go tight to the bottom of the rocker box thread as with a shorter bolt the bottom lock nut would not stay tight....the vibration of the bolt would eventually destroy the thread in the rocker box.

A couple of drops of Loktite have kept this together very nicely.

DSCF2635.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mad Monk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect