*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Windscreen

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Windscreen

Postby gaz68 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Evening,I have a large crack in my windscreen on my 220 lwb connect which is going to be replaced,this is just a standard screen (not heated),but I am sure I've read somewhere that the wiring is all there ready to connect ?,so if I get a heated screen is it a major job to wire it for heat ??
gaz68
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Windscreen

Postby highroof » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:11 pm

I got my normal screen on my old van replaced with a heated one when it cracked.......the wiring wasn't there on mine, a mate wired it up and it wasn't massive aggro. Mine already had a switch in the dash for a reversing alarm, so we just used that. I had the correct original switch from a breakers, but it's apparently not easy to use if you retrofit the heated screen, there's a timer etc. If you do it the way I did, you just need to remember to turn it off after 5 mins or so, otherwise the elements in the screen risk burning out. Mine was just 2 cables run via the fusebox through 2 30 amp fuses, one to each side of the screen, and an earth on each side, from memory, worked a treat.
highroof
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Windscreen

Postby gaz68 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Thanks for that mate,I will look into it.
gaz68
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect