*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Radio losing date

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Radio losing date

Postby nokivasara » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Is it a common issue with a standard 6000CD radio that doesn't keep up the set date when the van is not used?
If I drive it every day the date changes every day but if I let the van sit a day or two the date shown is the date I last used it :?
The clock and set radio stations work fine so I don't think it's a memory feed issue.
Transit Connect TDCI 110
nokivasara
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Radio losing date

Postby blue estate » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:08 pm

My focus radio clock gains time so I would just put up with it if the rest works ok
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby Lefty64 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:16 pm

nokivasara wrote:Is it a common issue with a standard 6000CD radio that doesn't keep up the set date when the van is not used?
If I drive it every day the date changes every day but if I let the van sit a day or two the date shown is the date I last used it :?
The clock and set radio stations work fine so I don't think it's a memory feed issue.

It's a known fault ..... mine is the same after an elapsed time of 3 days or so without use, but I live with it.

There's a fix to the ECU, but when clearing one bug you sometimes inherit others. From memory I think Paul2012 posted the technical bulletin fault no., but be aware that there's always a risk in any software update. :(
2007 T230LX LWB (110PS) with aircon.

Vans are designed for people with imagination. Cars are so limiting ... what can you do with them?
Lefty64
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby nokivasara » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:59 pm

Thanks guys. I'll fix it by driving every day then :mrgreen:
Transit Connect TDCI 110
nokivasara
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect